What's A Good Dial-up Isp?

daveh

I currently use Idea Net. Up until a few weeks ago, I was fairly happy with them. For $499 baht (discounted to $440) a month, I have unlimited hours (max connection time of 4 hours) and unlimited download quota. But recently, their connections have been really crappy. During peak hours in the day, more than 50% of the time, when I click a link outside of Thailand it fails. It is really frustrating. It seems they may have reached their maximum network capacity.

Is there good ISP with monthly unlimited hours and downloads at a reasonable cost?

TT&T's T-net 30-day unlimited for 335 baht, max connection time = 3 hrs. Speeds are ok, if not brilliant, seems to depend more on your line quality.

Thanks, but I was told based on my phone number that I cannot use TT&T.

If you don't mind getting up early then Csloxinfo is not a bad deal. About 5 bht an hour between midnite and 8am. Local numbers all over the country and reliable speeds. If you have to get on in afternoon you can with cslox. Lots of others it's impossible to get on and even then most pages time out.

CS/Los sucks. I'm using INet, and they have connections that work most of the time - I think about as good as it gets in Thailand. And their customer service has been very good. Rates are reasonable. Just stick with the temp accounts.

I currently use Idea Net. Up until a few weeks ago, I was fairly happy with them. For $499 baht (discounted to $440) a month, I have unlimited hours (max connection time of 4 hours) and unlimited download quota. But recently, their connections have been really crappy. During peak hours in the day, more than 50% of the time, when I click a link outside of Thailand it fails. It is really frustrating. It seems they may have reached their maximum network capacity.

Is there good ISP with monthly unlimited hours and downloads at a reasonable cost?

Have a look at this thread (same forum, about page 3):"Isps - Any Good Ones?, Who's good and who's not?"

This is my last post on that thread:

I'm looking for recommendations for a good ISP.

So far, ours has been a nightmare. Difficult to connect, dropped lines, slow speeds and non-existent tech support.

Is this the norm in LOS, or are there any solid ISPs out there?

Thanks for your feedback!

Try the big ones - CS Loxinfo or Inet. But if you live upcountry, all bets are off. And stay away from services using the TOT's 1222 access number.

Very interested in your comment "stay away from services using the TOT's 1222 access number" because I use Pacific Internet's "X-Treme Internet 1222" which costs 349 baht for 30 days unlimited downloads.

I used to get 48 Kbps connections in Rawai (Phuket) but now get 42.6 Kbps connections in Chalong, but I suspect the telephone cable (which has been moved) is giving a problem. I have no idea what the actual download rates are, but with a connection session time of 3 hours, I'm not too worried - I get all the mp3's I want and leave it running when I go to bed.

Can you say what you think is the problem with the 1222 number?

But, really, you should've used the "Search" button before starting this thread!

I use Pacific Internet. They have a 30 day unlimited package for 429 baht called RAP and it works as well as any other. Cut you off every 3 hours tho. Also to speed it up use a UK proxy server called onspeed that is brilliant. I have a free trial I can send to anyone who wants to try it.

[email protected] and I,mail it back

Steve

Try www.ego.co.th 5bt an hour 0600-2400 , 2.5bt 0000-0600.

Excellent service from the English speaking, tech dept..

Be sure to top up yr a/c before credit runs out or you will lose your bonus hours.

I too, am a refugee from Loxinfo.

Pick up a starter pack at any 7-11 or similar store.

Enjoy! :o