Change of address

Hi everyone,

I have a rented condo room in BKK and am moving to another unit in the same building.

How do I notify authorities of the change? I think it used to be the TM.28 form but no longer?

Or is it the responsibility of the owner/agent via the TM.30 app? 

Really appreciate your advice. Thank you!

1 minute ago, orientfan said:

The TM.28 form is still valid and I must take that to CW with the lease agreement?

They made an annoucement some time ago that the TM27 form was meant to be used for a change of address. But am sure they will still accept a TM28.

The notification of your arrival at your new residence (form TM.30) is the responsibility of the House-Master as defined in section 4 of the Immigration Act (you), or the owner, or the possessor (you)

Edited by Maestro
added form number

18 minutes ago, orientfan said:

Maestro, this could be done by the homeowner and NOT me?

It is for you and the home owner to agree who will do the notification with TM.30. As the owner may not be aware of all your arrivals, it would seem more practical that you, the tenant and therefore possessor and therefore House-Master, do this notification.

Yes, this is correct, except that if you temporarily stay at a hotel on Bangkok and the hotel notifies your arrival to immigration, as it should, it is advisable that your subsequent arrival at your condo be again notified to immigration.

Different immigration offices implement the TM.30 requirement in different ways and the same office may occasionally change its requirements, making it difficult to predict what the practice of your particular office is the next time you arrive at your condo.