How best to send small parcel to the USA

happyaussie

I'm in Loei and need to send a small parcel to the USA. Post office only accepts surface mail during Covid. There is no Fedex or DHL etc in the area. I want to send express with tracking. Can anyone advise? 

I was told they don't send any mail to the US at the present time the other day. I tried at one of the delivery services and they said the same. I can wait but I have to say I was quite surprised that mail has stopped. Maybe it's just up here in the Northeast.

1 hour ago, TooBigToFit said:

I was told they don't send any mail to the US at the present time the other day. I tried at one of the delivery services and they said the same. I can wait but I have to say I was quite surprised that mail has stopped. Maybe it's just up here in the Northeast.

I was told the same thing. ASEAN no problem but USA no. Thailand Post have an arrangement with DHL. I contacted DHL and they said yes they are accepting mail.

Seems our local Post Master is either ill-informed or he puts the farangs request in the too hard basket. No surprises there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TooBigToFit said:

This file from the Thai Post website states parcels can be sent to the US in Thai and English.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OGkBLRXkgaOuA-x2N-I2fLe0faBrUXeu/view

It will not be cheap to send by DHL, UPS or the Thai P.O. which will ship via DHL.  Our son sent me a small package via UPS.  the charge was $130 USD!  I would expect the same or similar pricing going to the US from Thailand.