Chinese coming back to Thailand? Too risky!

Scouse123

On 6/11/2020 at 11:13 PM, Matzzon said:

I don´t have to attempt. I am a big person. As for the rest, just pure BS as always.

The fact is that the virus has spread all over the world, and it´s exactly same risky to have people coming from any country.

No, it is not the same risk to have people coming from any country.

Use common sense.

New Zealand  is now Covid19 free. With every passing day, without any diagnosed cases, the likelihood of an active infection decreases.

Russia is in the throes of a brutal pandemic and reports  250,000+ active infections.

Which country presents a greater risk of exporting an infection to Thailand, New Zealand  or Russia?

Common sense says Russia.

The only way to  monitor/ verify if  an infected person is arriving is through antigen testing and  a minimum isolation period. We do not have  reliable quick and cost effective antigen tests.

The likelihood of a false negative is documented to be in excess of 95% for the first 2 days of the infection and more than 67% up until day 4. This is because the infection is not shedding until several days into the infection. Hence the reason why we have isolation periods.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

What I have been posting is that they have it, and had, under better control than many other countries that I mentioned in my original post. I also posted that they have quite good control over the virus and it´s spread, which is far away compered to what you are implying. I stand by that. Peaks and shut downs will also follow in every country as long as there is no working vaccine or the world reaches herd immunity. 

I believe they will manage to lockdown Beijing. That due to the fact most people in China know that they have to abide the rules and law, otherwise they will face consequences. Not saying it´s the right system, but it´s working better than in most countries regarding Covid-19 and other pandemics as well as epidemics.

Also the bold text in your quote to me is offensive and unnecessary as well as against the rules.

Yes,

Here we go.

You basically implied myself and others were blaming China and were doing something due to racism, that's what you implied.

Which country did you want us to blame when it started in Wuhan..... Iceland? Tuvalu? Greenland?

The Chinese, and it has been proven, covered up both the outbreak and the severity and they have done it before in other cases of viruses. Information in the latest news coming out of America, is now saying it was probably around over there from last August/September.

They didn't come clean and then only because it was in the public domain through the ophthalmologist who died, but not before they had ridiculed and shamed him, until January.

You then say Chinese people will abide by the rules and law, well they have no choice otherwise they disappear never to be seen or heard of again.

Now, it's in Beijing and if you think for a minute they will lockdown Beijing the same as Wuhan, you have another think. They will do as they always do, they will manipulate the figures and outright lie about the level of contagion, but you refuse to see or accept that.

Instead, you would rather be ' offended ' by my using capitals and bold type!

How daft! and by the way it isn't against the rules, only your over the top sensitivities which come into play when you are challenged on something.

The rest of the time, you are quite happy to make disparaging remarks loaded with sarcasm about other members posts!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yes,

Here we go.

You basically implied myself and others were blaming China and were doing something due to racism, that's what you implied.

Which country did you want us to blame when it started in Wuhan..... Iceland? Tuvalu? Greenland?

Should blame the USA, thats were it originated from.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

No, it is not the same risk to have people coming from any country.

Use common sense.

New Zealand  is now Covid19 free. With every passing day, without any diagnosed cases, the likelihood of an active infection decreases.

Russia is in the throes of a brutal pandemic and reports  250,000+ active infections.

Which country presents a greater risk of exporting an infection to Thailand, New Zealand  or Russia?

Common sense says Russia.

The only way to  monitor/ verify if  an infected person is arriving is through antigen testing and  a minimum isolation period. We do not have  reliable quick and cost effective antigen tests.

The likelihood of a false negative is documented to be in excess of 95% for the first 2 days of the infection and more than 67% up until day 4. This is because the infection is not shedding until several days into the infection. Hence the reason why we have isolation periods.

Ok, I will rephrase. Not any country. There are many countries that have a worse spread and more bad control. Now you found New Zealand, that also is an exeption in this case.

Nothing more to add.

10 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yes,

Here we go.

The Chinese, and it has been proven, covered up both the outbreak and the severity and they have done it before in other cases of viruses. Information in the latest news coming out of America, is now saying it was probably around over there from last August/September.

They didn't come clean and then only because it was in the public domain through the ophthalmologist who died, but not before they had ridiculed and shamed him, until January.

You then say Chinese people will abide by the rules and law, well they have no choice otherwise they disappear never to be seen or heard of again.

Now, it's in Beijing and if you think for a minute they will lockdown Beijing the same as Wuhan, you have another think. They will do as they always do, they will manipulate the figures and outright lie about the level of contagion, but you refuse to see or accept that.

How daft! and by the way it isn't against the rules, only your over the top sensitivities which come into play when you are challenged on something.

The rest of the time, you are quite happy to make disparaging remarks loaded with sarcasm about other members posts!

And another long discussion with you. Just go play with somebody else, and don´t bother me more. Have a nice day.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yes,

Here we go.

the opthamalogist was "shamed" for spreading rumors, and considering the situation, that was the correct action for the local authorities.  to doctor was questioned, signed a statement that he wouldn't do it again, and released.  he was not tortured or organ-donated, fired, or even demoted.

the opthamologist posted another doctor's notes that he misrepresented on a public forum on the evening of december 30 (if i got my timeline correct).  the doctor treating the patients had 7 pneumonia cases of unknown origin.  on his notes, he had written "sars?" as a potential cause.  as it turns out, the cause was not sars, but a new virus.  the opthamologist was spreading....fake news.  it was not a sars outbreak.

the cover up extended to the next day, when the who was notified that doctors in wuhan had a number of cases of unexplained pneumonia, similar to but not sars.

One (1) Chinese came back in May, we are only 999,999 short of a million.

526 tourist arrived in Thailand in May 2020, down 99.981% y-o-y.

Arrivals are nearly so few in number they should be mentioned by name on a bronze plate at the airport.

They came from:

Malaysian = 351

Lao = 95

Japanese = 22

Philippines = 13

Singapore = 10

Myanmar = 9

Cambodian = 7

Vietnam = 4

Ukraine = 4

Chinese = 1

Indonesian = 1

Indian = 1

Also one American, one British, one German, one Russian and an Irishman entered the Kingdom. Great starting line for a joke.

35,275 air crews entered, outnumbering tourists 67:1.

More interesting, 73 Non-() visa holders also managed to enter Thailand in May.

68,285 foreigners and oddly also 66,316 Thai departed from Thailand in May.

52 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

the opthamalogist was "shamed" for spreading rumors, and considering the situation, that was the correct action for the local authorities.  to doctor was questioned, signed a statement that he wouldn't do it again, and released.  he was not tortured or organ-donated, fired, or even demoted.

the opthamologist posted another doctor's notes that he misrepresented on a public forum on the evening of december 30 (if i got my timeline correct).  the doctor treating the patients had 7 pneumonia cases of unknown origin.  on his notes, he had written "sars?" as a potential cause.  as it turns out, the cause was not sars, but a new virus.  the opthamologist was spreading....fake news.  it was not a sars outbreak.

the cover up extended to the next day, when the who was notified that doctors in wuhan had a number of cases of unexplained pneumonia, similar to but not sars.

Easy mistake to make but he was making people aware of a virus. Covid19 and SARS come from the same family of Corona virus.

However, calling you out on your post, please read this. He has been made a Martyr in China and the local politicians in charge in Wuhan have been fired. The link explains how highly her is now regarded and that they made a mistake by the way in which he was treated.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-china-li-wenliang-whistleblower-doctor-martyr-2020-4

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Easy mistake to make but he was making people aware of a virus. Covid19 and SARS come from the same family of Corona virus.

However, calling you out on your post, please read this. He has been made a Martyr in China and the local politicians in charge in Wuhan have been fired. The link explains how highly her is now regarded and that they made a mistake by the way in which he was treated.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-china-li-wenliang-whistleblower-doctor-martyr-2020-4

easy mistake?  an opthamologist misread another doctor's notes and posted them on a public forum.  he was not fired, nor was he even demoted (as far as i am aware).  he was chastised by the local police for posting fake news.

of course the local politicos were fired.  of course he's been made a martyr.  that's how public relations works.  he's the squirrel!  that does not change the facts from paragraph one above. 

32 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

easy mistake?  an opthamologist misread another doctor's notes and posted them on a public forum.  he was not fired, nor was he even demoted (as far as i am aware).  he was chastised by the local police for posting fake news.

of course the local politicos were fired.  of course he's been made a martyr.  that's how public relations works.  he's the squirrel!  that does not change the facts from paragraph one above. 

He disclosed his findings in a private group message to his friends using the social media group Weibo.It was one of them that put it out there. You seem to want to crucify a guy for making people aware of a dangerous virus?

As far as I know he said it resembled the Sars virus,  he didn't say it was the SARS virus.

You do not know at all how badly or unfairly treated he was by the local authorities but safe to say,  the hierarchy in the Communist party were not best pleased by how it was handled. 

I think he did the world a big favour bringing it to the forefront and it was a killer virus so certainly WAS NOT fake news.

He was a hero and right to the end he said the Chinese should have disclosed it to the world sooner.

How strange you view it as a bad thing that he did?

Edited by Scouse123

6 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

He disclosed his findings in a private group message to his friends using the social media group Weibo.

It was one of them that put it  out there. You seem to want to crucify a guy for making people aware of a dangerous virus?

As far as I know he said it resembled the Sars virus,  he didnt say it was the Sars virus.

You do not know at all how badly or unfairly treated he was by the local authorities but safe to say,  the hierarchy in the Communist party were not best pleased by how it was handled. 

I think he did the world a big favour bringing it to the forefront and it was a killer virus so certainly WAS NOT fake news.

He was a hero and right to the end he said the Chinese should have disclosed it to the world sooner.

How strange you view it as a bad tbing that he did?

sorry if i'm not following the approved narrative.  on dec 30 he posted there were 7 confirmed cases of sars.  that was untrue.

the local police/net nannies are tasked with monitoring social media.  like it or not, they were doing their jobs.  as far as they know, he was just some guy at a hospital posting crazy stuff on the internets.  it's not like he could have provided lab results confirming sars.

the authorities notified the who with the correct information, an unknown virus NOT sars, on dec 31.

he posted incorrect information to weibo a few hours before the who got the official notification.  yay, he's a hero!  he accomplished nothing other than letting the national authorities scapegoat the local bureaucracy.  no doubt the party will be able to play up his sacrifice for the people and use him as a replacement for boring lei feng.

• Sad 1

On 6/13/2020 at 5:00 PM, Matzzon said:

Ok, but that´s good. Then that fact must mean that you lack the possibility to look upon this with fairness and without a blinded mind. I am happy your rant is over, because that fact also meant that the rant was of no value.

What ever!

• Like 1