Becoming a 99-year-old Farang. How Difficult Can it Be? And, Will We Gain more Respect in 2051?

Recently, especially this Leap Year, I have been thinking about how many more years I have left. Unfortunately, our total lifespan in years is unpredictable. I know that I will probably be around tomorrow, but what about in the year 2051?

Will I still need a visa in the year 2051? And will ThaiVisa be around to guide me in my visa quest?

Maybe by the year 2051, I will be too old to do visa runs. By then, I might need to just walk or crawl back and forth across the border. Or maybe visas will no longer be required, and we will just live anywhere we please. Food and beer, by 2051, will be free, and massages will be done by robots.

How might I die in 2051 if this happens? Well, what about being massaged to death, listening to JS Bach and Thai myna birds, eating the Northern Thai sausage which I love, and still dreaming of the future? What could be better than that, unless it might be to continue living until 2061?

By 2061, I might become the oldest Farang in Thailand. How hard can it be?

1698687500_Bevlkerungspyramide_Thailand_2016.png.c6893bed8ac9d8369deb5b42468373b3.png

Edited by JohnBarleycorn

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What´s wrong with the respect we are given today? The ones that do not get any, might look at themself first and stop demand something they not give to the wonderful people in this country.

No matter how old we become, much like Rodney, we just don't get no respect.

At least, I don't expect respect until I am older than everybody else, and by then I will have really achieved something.

Rodney never got any respect throughout his life, until he found some among his peers in a caddyshack.

Rodney's perspective from an early age went something like this:

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

My father carries around the picture of the kid who came with his wallet.

I looked up my family tree and found three dogs using it.

I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.

My mother had morning sickness after I was born.

When I played in the sandbox, the cat kept covering me up.

A girl phoned me the other day and said... 'Come on over, there's nobody home.' I went over. Nobody was home.

After age 70, one should stop being a rock star.

This is Mick's last great song.

And now, he doesn't know when to stop.

And so, it's OK to grow old, but you need to know when to stop trying to be a rock idol.

STILL....I DO HOPE THAT THE RAINING SEASON BEGINS SOON, IN THAILAND!

And, I hope it lasts forever.

Edited by JohnBarleycorn