Pissups On Samui

Hi there,

I saw the other day how they have arranged a ThaiVisa BBQ in Phuket...............I asked around how to do the same at Samui ?

Donna from Phuket was nice to give me some info's but recommend me to arrange a few pissup's first, to get a feeling about the interest for a BBQ party later on.........

Now first I'll like to ask if you alreade had some pissup's on the Island ? if so who's in charge......if not who would be interested ??

Thinking about July........

Cheers :o:D

Phuket has had a few unofficial piss-ups, basically just a meet up of Thai Visa members at the bar of their choice. Once it has been established that there is enough membership and interest for something major, a PM to George is the way.

Are you volunteering then? :o

Phuket has had a few unofficial piss-ups, basically just a meet up of Thai Visa members at the bar of their choice. Once it has been established that there is enough membership and interest for something major, a PM to George is the way.

Are you volunteering then? :D

Well, its easy to set a date and place............then we could take it from there......however I dont live on the Island hole year around, so I would only be interested in dates where Im on the Island.....

Actually my question was would you go ?? to see who and how many would be interested in such a thing........ so I will give it back to you SBK and all.......WOULD YOU GO ?? :o

It would depend. I live on Koh Phangan and find it difficult persuading the hubby to even go to Samui, much less for a night out there (which would entail staying the night). Besides, we do have a business to run, and it would all have to be on the right date (ie nowhere near FMP).

That said, if there were one definitely planned and I could persuade hubby and it were on a good date, then I'd make every effort to go. Perhaps talk hubby into a nice room at a place with a pool.........hmmm...... :o

Are you volunteering then? :D

Well, its easy to set a date and place............then we could take it from there......however I dont live on the Island hole year around, so I would only be interested in dates where Im on the Island.....

Actually my question was would you go ?? to see who and how many would be interested in such a thing........ so I will give it back to you SBK and all.......WOULD YOU GO ?? :o

Ill be there in july,id turn up ,would be a giggle i rekon!

If you look here ,http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115708 ,you might get some idea of the responce.

just post the dates and place and see what response you get .be carefull where you pick people, not everyone will go to certain bars and restaurants ,i suggest you pick a nice thai bar/restaurant and keep it nuetral ,and not too far as most people dont have transport :o

If you look here ,http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115708 ,you might get some idea of the responce.

just post the dates and place and see what response you get .be carefull where you pick people, not everyone will go to certain bars and restaurants ,i suggest you pick a nice thai bar/restaurant and keep it nuetral ,and not too far as most people dont have transport :o

HA HA not to fare on Koh Samui !!! that was a good one mate.

Well, since I dont have other ideas right now ( Im very open for ideas ) why not say July 1st. in Butterfly Garden where they have live music ......and NO I have NO connections to the place or owner...... All Im thinking about is to have a bit of fun .......

If many sign up..........I could try to contact Butterfly Garden......and ask for.........some extra service :D or maybe the owner is reading this post....if so , I can ask you right now.

Cheers

HA HA not to fare on Koh Samui !!! that was a good one mate.

Well, since I dont have other ideas right now ( Im very open for ideas ) why not say July 1st. in Butterfly Garden where they have live music ......and NO I have NO connections to the place or owner...... All Im thinking about is to have a bit of fun .......

If many sign up..........I could try to contact Butterfly Garden......and ask for.........some extra service :D or maybe the owner is reading this post....if so , I can ask you right now.

Cheers

what i meant was somewhere like chaweng noi in between chaweng /banrak/lamai where most ex pats live lots of thai bars etc and easy access for a taxi back home afterwards :D

July 1st is just around the FMP party period, I believe. Full Moon being the 29th of june.

Count me out.

OK SBK...thanks for the info's.....didnt think about FMP.........and it doesnt look like alot of interest for such a thing.....I was looking more for folks like Meatgrowler and his posetive responce.... he's surely a fun person for a pissup........

Maybe I will try another time......