Best Visa for 4 month stay.

Hello Expats. I was wondering about the EB visa (if I can even obtain one). Im an online (U.S.) student and want to spend the fall semester (4 months) in Cambodia (Aug.-Dec.). It doesn't sound very plausible to spend $300 USD to renew the EB visa for 1-year, when Im only going to be spending the next 3 months, (after the initial month). Its not worth the hassle or money as I am already in Thailand and paid for a visa service. Im just board and want to travel without creating too many headaches. So my questions are: Can I even obtain an EB visa (practically)? and, Is it only renewable for 1 year at 300 USD, after the initial month?

3 minutes ago, racinkc1 said:

and, Is it only renewable for 1 year at 300 USD, after the initial month?

Extensions to the ordinary $35 VISA are available for 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months.

Whether you qualify would depend on your age, income and nationality. 

Edited by BritManToo

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Extensions to the ordinary $35 VISA are available for 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months.

Whether you qualify would depend on your age, income and nationality. 

Do you know where I can find info on the extension requirements? I don't really have an income besides financial aid from my college and a savings account. 

3 minutes ago, racinkc1 said:

Do you know where I can find info on the extension requirements? I don't really have an income besides financial aid from my college and a savings account. 

Over 55 easy, no finances.

Under 55, they don't really want you, go live in the Philippines.

Edited by BritManToo

on  arrival apply for an ordinary visa $35.valid for 1 month stay,

than got any agent and apply for a EG extension ( looking for work) 1,3,6 month options.

Over 55 get an ER extension.

The $30 Tourist visa is good for 30 days but can only be extended for another 30 days

Note the current requirement to pay $3,000 for medical costs (as well as have insurance) and to undergo 14 days quarantine. I doubt these will have been lifted by August. This is frankly not a good time to do what you plan.

https://www.embassyofcambodiadc.org/embassy-updates/information-on-cambodia-travel-restrictions

https://www.embassyofcambodiadc.org/embassy-updates/notice-on-pricing-policy-for-covid-19-test-quarantine-and-treatment-services-to-foreign-travelers-entry-to-cambodia-at-public-hospital

• Like 1