LINE with laptop and Smart phone - lost

Speedo1968

I had LINE on my laptop but lost it ( cannot log in ) when installing it on my first ever Smart phone.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling on my laptop but still cannot log in.

I wish to use the same phone number and name for both installations.

Can anyone tell me how to reinstall on my laptop ?

13 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Why not just Google the problem? 

There should be a ban on answers like this.

To the op have you tried the login methods offered by the laptop app? QR code works usually? What is message when you cannot log in?

linelogon1.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

There should be a ban on answers like this.

To the op have you tried the login methods offered by the laptop app? QR code works usually? What is message when you cannot log in?

linelogon1.jpg

Why should there be a ban?

On Google you will get a answer that fixes the issue

On here you will get a maybe it's this or maybe it's this or maybe...

Asking on here is just a lazy approach when you could just google the issue yourself

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Speedo1968 said:

I had LINE on my laptop but lost it ( cannot log in ) when installing it on my first ever Smart phone.

This sounds like you're encountering an account authentication issue, not a software issue. LINE normally requires an account first be paired and validated through a phone number, then the user can access this same account on a PC by furnishing an Email, Phone or QR Code paired with the account (you may need to go into SETTINGS / ACCOUNT on the smartphone to establish these links).

As darrendsd suggested, you can google your issue to find links to the help.line.me pages to assist in troubleshooting the issue.

I ran into a perplexing issue recently with LINE trying to transfer an active account to new smartphone (using the existing SIM and phone number) and it took me a day to realize LINE would only sending auth codes to the old smartphone to allow transitioning the account to the new smartphone. Luckily I hadn't yet wiped the old phone and could still open the app to fetch the code, otherwise I'd be forced to create a new account.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

If everyone gave your answer on the tech forum of TV there wouldn't be much point in having the forum would there?

When the answers are a click away on Google then yes you are correct there isn't much point

Google will have the answers as many people worldwide will have had the same issue

However let's ask on a forum where possibly no one has the answers or can give vague fixes

So yes as you say it's pointless having the Tech Forum 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichCor said:

This sounds like you're encountering an account authentication issue, not a software issue. LINE normally requires an account first be paired and validated through a phone number, then the user can access this same account on a PC by furnishing an Email, Phone or QR Code paired with the account (you may need to go into SETTINGS / ACCOUNT on the smartphone to establish these links).

As darrendsd suggested, you can google your issue to find links to the help.line.me pages to assist in troubleshooting the issue.

I ran into a perplexing issue recently with LINE trying to transfer an active account to new smartphone (using the existing SIM and phone number) and it took me a day to realize LINE would only sending auth codes to the old smartphone to allow transitioning the account to the new smartphone. Luckily I hadn't yet wiped the old phone and could still open the app to fetch the code, otherwise I'd be forced to create a new account.

My old phone was a basic no bells or whistles, as I wanted to use the same phone number the shop where I bought the phone copied my old SIM on to the new one for the Smart phone so it saved all my numbers.

Some of those showed up, if I remember, of contacts who had LINE.

Later a friend managed to install What'sApp and found my daughters contact details, still a bit confused how this was done.

I don't use Facebook.

Earlier today managed to figure out using the suggestions you and darrendsd gave and now have full access to LINE on both phone and laptop.     Many thanks.

8 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Why should there be a ban?

On Google you will get a answer that fixes the issue

On here you will get a maybe it's this or maybe it's this or maybe...

Asking on here is just a lazy approach when you could just google the issue yourself

So the OP has stated above that by using my suggestion he used Google and he fixed the issue

Silly me for suggesting it eh?

4 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

a friend managed to install What'sApp and found my daughters contact details, still a bit confused how this was done.

Most social media apps will search your phone contacts looking for any contact details that match a user account and will auto-add or suggest them as app contacts. Some apps allow you to turn the feature off as it can become annoying if you have a lot of phone contacts but don't consider or desire the suggested matches as 'friends'.

LINE is pretty bad in that it allows adding new social contacts by entering a phone number, with online sellers abusing the system to send unsolicited advertising messages to multiple Line members. While you can report them as 'abuse', I've ended up just blocking the 'allow by phone number'.

9 hours ago, RichCor said:

Most social media apps will search your phone contacts looking for any contact details that match a user account and will auto-add or suggest them as app contacts. Some apps allow you to turn the feature off as it can become annoying if you have a lot of phone contacts but don't consider or desire the suggested matches as 'friends'.

LINE is pretty bad in that it allows adding new social contacts by entering a phone number, with online sellers abusing the system to send unsolicited advertising messages to multiple Line members. While you can report them as 'abuse', I've ended up just blocking the 'allow by phone number'.

Yes noticed this,gives name of person ( sometimes ) then message says "Start chatting with your new friend now!".

Mind you I was surprised how many old / real contacts I had when my old SIM ( year 2001 ) was copied to the new phone.