Bought a robot vacuum cleaner / mop

robblok

On 6/14/2020 at 9:53 AM, Sundown said:

It's a Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum Mop Pro. 8490THB on Lazada

From phone to appliances I have a bunch of Xiaomi stuff at home. A great cost effective brand with a good quality.

Thanks for the reply i much appreciate it

Based on this thread, I bought a Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Mop this week on Lazada, but paid a few thousand baht more because I bought from the "Lazmall" vendor, rather than one that doesn't participate in the Lazmall program.  Lazada claims the Lazmall vendors sell genuine products while they can't guarantee if the others are counterfeit or not.  Once we bought replacement Xiaomi air filter cartridges from a Lazada vendor and discovered they were counterfeit even though they looked just like the real thing.  The Xiaomi air filter was looking for a chip on the bottom of the filter cartridge and it wasn't on the counterfeit cartridges, so the filter machine scolds us every time we turn it on, but eventually it relents and operates.

I ordered the robot vacuum mop on Tuesday and it arrived in Chiang Mai on Thursday morning.  Wow!  It works great.  We find that it's best to vacuum first and then let it mop, rather than expecting it to do both in one pass.  Too much cat hair.  One cat is terrified and the other is busy stalking it, but hasn't tried to touch it (yet).  The only problem is that our condo is too big for the robot to do in one charge, so it goes back to the charging station, sits there for several hours and takes off again without warning to finish its rounds.  A little startling when you've invited guests in and forgotten that the robot still had work to do.

• Haha 1