Visa 2-year old Indonesian Child

I am getting conflicting responses on whether my 2-year son needs a residence visa or not.

I have a WP and residence visa, as well as my spouse, the mother of our son.

Th comments [advice?] I am getting:

a) He can hop on and out of Thailand but will technically on overstay and he can do this until he is 12-years old, so that is what what we have been doing for the past 2-years, SEA and Europe. We had no problem whatsoever going in or out!

b) He needs visa otherwise he is an illegal in Thailand, if so what are the implications?

Your input will be must valued, either way we are okay!

Edited by Terminator
Wording

a) He is not fined for an overstay when leaving the country for as long as he under the age of 15 but does get a overstay stamp. But that does not mean he is legally in the country.

b) It probably will not be a problem until he get to the age where he would attending school.

The best thing to do is get him a single entry non-o visa from an embassy or consulate so you can apply for a extension of stay that will be valid for as long as yours is for being a member of your family.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 5:57 PM, ubonjoe said:

a) He is not fined for an overstay when leaving the country for as long as he under the age of 15 but does get a overstay stamp. But that does not mean he is legally in the country.

b) It probably will not be a problem until he get to the age where he would attending school.

The best thing to do is get him a single entry non-o visa from an embassy or consulate so you can apply for a extension of stay that will be valid for as long as yours is for being a member of your family.

Thanks Joe! We shall do it next year before he goes to school...