LINE - Smart ( ? ) Phone - Laptop - QR code

Have a laptop with LINE installed using a password not QR code.
Have my first Smart phone with LINE using QR code.
Laptop says cannot have LINE as already on phone.

Friend manages to get LINE installed on phone and laptop using QR code.

If I manage to get laptop to recognize phone QR code it works until the next then asks again for new QR code.

If I mess up trying to get new QR code from my phone LINE app goes back to Thai text.

Every day laptop says QR code out of date - why is this ?

Also, if you change laptops or 'close' Line in your laptop, you will need to scan again.

I sometimes change laptops, and sometimes shutdown my laptop properly, but in general I just close the lid/screen and then when I wake it up again, Line works fine without having to scan again.

Good luck!

On 6/15/2020 at 8:51 AM, Langsuan Man said:

You have to download LINE for PC, in order to use the QR code from your phone to access your account via a laptop / PC

That way you technically you don't have LINE on two devices, since the PC version is not a stand alone program and can only use your phone LINE account

See this:

https://help.line.me/line/?contentId=20000111

Thanks for the info.
I think for now, as I am still struggling with learning how to use a Smart phone I will stick with coping QR code.

As far as I'm aware you can only install the same line account on one device that operates using the same platform.

Eg: 

Only one device using Android

Only one device using Windows

Only one device using Apple

However, if you have devices that operate on different platforms you can install the same line account on each one.

So you can install the same account on one android device plus one windows device plus one Apple device at the same time.

I have mine installed on my Android phone plus my laptop. My daughter has an Android phone, a laptop and an I-Pad and uses the same account on each (android plus windows plus apple).

From memory though, when adding line to your windows device you are given two options to install it. I know one was via a QR code and think the other was either via your phone number or email address. Using one (QR code, I think?) will delete all your history and friends list. The other option won't. You are warned if you have chosen the wrong option and can go back to choose the other one.

Edited by john terry1001

13 hours ago, john terry1001 said:

As far as I'm aware you can only install the same line account on one device that operates using the same platform.

Eg: 

However, if you have devices that operate on different platforms you can install the same line account on each one.

So you can install the same account on one android device plus one windows device plus one Apple device at the same time.

I have mine installed on my Android phone plus my laptop. My daughter has an Android phone, a laptop and an I-Pad and uses the same account on each (android plus windows plus apple).

From memory though, when adding line to your windows device you are given two options to install it. I know one was via a QR code and think the other was either via your phone number or email address. Using one (QR code, I think?) will delete all your history and friends list. The other option won't. You are warned if you have chosen the wrong option and can go back to choose the other one.

Thanks for the info.

I installed LINE to my laptop some time again, the phone is my first ever and new.
I have Line on my Android phone but its more complicated - at least for me - than the one on my laptop, especially how you can delete a chat and save pictures.

I have Line on my Windows laptop but when I close it and boot up again I have to add the QR code again, simple to do by showing the QR box my phone.

Couldn't get it to work using phone number or email address.

If I delete messages on either device it doesn't do it on the other advice.

Again with either device It certainly hasn't deleted friends or history list.

I much prefer the one on my laptop as it is easier to type etc.

There is a very roundabout way to copy pictures etc. from the phone to the laptop.

On 6/20/2020 at 7:06 PM, john terry1001 said:

Eg: 

Have managed to install WhatsApp on my laptop but it only allows for "chats" not images or videos, some blurb about them "Trying !" to allow an all round product but doubt it will ever happen.
The main advantage is that I can now use my laptop to type a reply much easier than trying to do on my phone.

Need to use QR code daily just like LINE.