HP Laptop WiFi Problems

1948wjm

As the subject indicates I am unable to use wifi on my laptop and when i connect to ethernet and trouble shoot it advises that I need to connect an ethernet cable and also my wifi communication is turned off ??? I have checked google and still unable to resolve this problem. Any assistance out there ?????? The HP model is 15-DB1004AU on WIN 10

If you are using ethernet, you don't need wifi, just disable it although it should do that automatically.

You could try a network reset or reinstall the drivers.

Edited by anchadian

5 hours ago, 1948wjm said:

I am unable to use wifi on my laptop

Has it ever worked? If no then it maybe a bad wifi card? I had a new HP laptop once that would not run the wifi card until HP produced a new BIOS update. I had to install an older model wifi card in its place from previous series of laptop until HP fixed the issue.

If it has worked before, maybe a Win10 update affected the drivers? Try a roll back to when it did work?

Twice in the past 10 years, on 2 different laptops (neither one an HP), I've had to replace the wifi card.  Easy to do, pretty standard cards, and very reasonable price wise. 

Besides, it'll probably give you an opportunity to upgrade to a newer, zoomier wifi card.

6 hours ago, 1948wjm said:

The wifi was working fine 1 week ago until I connected an ethernet cable to stop some buffering ??

What did Google tell you? 

Did you check that the Adapter has not been disabled?

Ridiculous that they would sell such a device with an old style mechanical hard drive.

Amazing magic has happened !!!! after trying numerous things to try and rectify my problem with the wifi hey presto !! when turning on my laptop today my wifi connection is now back and working fine ????