Visa stamp expired, under amnesty & got a new passport - what to do?

So, my visa stamp expired and I am currently under amnesty and my embassy issued me a new passport. Do I need to transfer the expired stamp to the new passport or ...? Seems like a weird situation, I know.

I want to apply for the 60 days extension at the end of July. Do I just bring my old passport (with the expired stamp) and my new passport (blank) and get the 60 days stamped into the new passport?

@ubonjoe your thoughts? ???? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AndyPa said:

I want to apply for the 60 days extension at the end of July. Do I just bring my old passport (with the expired stamp) and my new passport (blank) and get the 60 days stamped into the new passport?

Yes

They will transfer your stamps to the new one and then do the 60 day extension in your new passport.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 7:58 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes

They will transfer your stamps to the new one and then do the 60 day extension in your new passport.

Do you think I should go to immigration maybe now and ask them to transfer the expired stamp to the new passport? Can they even transfer an expired stamp? Seems weird.

22 minutes ago, AndyPa said:

Do you think I should go to immigration maybe now and ask them to transfer the expired stamp to the new passport? Can they even transfer an expired stamp? Seems weird.

Best to wait until you apply for the extension. They could refuse to do it since you would not be applying for an extension.

They can transfer the expired stamp and will put a note under it stating you are under the covid 19 extension.

• Like 1