File information within image

prophet01

yeah its only the information that shows where it is (at this moment, if you sent it to me and i saved it on my desktop it would show MY path to desktop) and where it's shared on local computer and what user on it "owns" it

+ M40-Laptop-1 is not a user on my computer so it wouldn't show that.

plus unless you are sending those files directly via email (or something like Google Drive), not through Facebook and such then there would be none of that additional information left

ChouDoufu - Your suggestion put me on the right track to trying out sending images to another device subsequetly discovering that the information was indeed specific to the device opening the file. Logged back in to say what I'd found only to see kekalot's confirmation.

Nice work folks.

Appreciate the input.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, prophet01 said:

ChouDoufu - Your suggestion put me on the right track to trying out sending images to another device subsequetly discovering that the information was indeed specific to the device opening the file. Logged back in to say what I'd found only to see kekalot's confirmation.

Nice work folks.

Appreciate the input.

I seem to remember that if you compress the image you get rid of a lot of information pixels. Not sure exactly what data is left.