Problems With Washing Machine/detergent

aglae4

Don't know really where to post this. I'll give it a try here. :D

I am looking for a good brand of detergent for my washing machine (Siemens, wash and dry).

I have been testing about a dozen until now but I always get too much foam. So, every time I do a wash, I do also a cleaning!!!!! Because......, at the first rinse, foam and water is coming out from the machine through the detergent drawer.

When I ask about this around me, my thai friends don't know as they use another type of machines and my "farang" friends don't do their washing themselves. Technicians that came to check my machine gave me several different brands (that I used already)....I also contacted the Siemens Centre in Phukettown......Waiting for an answer. But not expecting too much from them. They want to check my machine first, even if I told them that this was done already.

Help! :o

N.B. Some powders did not make too much foam, but did not clean either.......

Sorry for my poor English.

Don't know really where to post this. I'll give it a try here. :D

I am looking for a good brand of detergent for my washing machine (Siemens, wash and dry).

I have been testing about a dozen until now but I always get too much foam. So, every time I do a wash, I do also a cleaning!!!!! Because......, at the first rinse, foam and water is coming out from the machine through the detergent drawer.

When I ask about this around me, my thai friends don't know as they use another type of machines and my "farang" friends don't do their washing themselves. Technicians that came to check my machine gave me several different brands (that I used already)....I also contacted the Siemens Centre in Phukettown......Waiting for an answer. But not expecting too much from them. They want to check my machine first, even if I told them that this was done already.

Help! :o

N.B. Some powders did not make too much foam, but did not clean either.......

Sorry for my poor English.

Foaming is caused by using too much washing liquid. By the way I say liquid as all washer/dryers should be used with washing liquid rather than powder. Powder is an abrasive and will significantly shorten the longevity of a modern machine which is why almost all machine manufacturers recommend their use.

So depending on your wash load, only use a minimum amount of liquid, generally a capfull.

So get some liquid, try a capfull or whatever it recommends and let us know the result. It should cure your problem.

Edited by gummy

I am really using as little as possible. One cap for a full load, but it still makes too much foam.

I tried many different detergents. The first I tried was liquid, as I always use liquid detergent back home. But that one did not clean very well. That's why I changed to powder.

Can none of you give me a brand? The last name the technician gave me is Breeze. The gold one. Did not try that one yet. Breeze has also 2 green (different green) packages that I tried.....

Thanks for the answers anyway.

I am really using as little as possible. One cap for a full load, but it still makes too much foam.

I tried many different detergents. The first I tried was liquid, as I always use liquid detergent back home. But that one did not clean very well. That's why I changed to powder.

Can none of you give me a brand? The last name the technician gave me is Breeze. The gold one. Did not try that one yet. Breeze has also 2 green (different green) packages that I tried.....

Thanks for the answers anyway.

Always use "Babi Mild" fabric wash. Not strictly a washer liquid but does not leave residue of chemicals in the washed clothing, but a large capfull per wash we find better than anything. Word of warning - this like many others will produce foaming if too much is used.

it depends on the kind of machine you have. front loaders require a different detergent to top loaders. i suspect maybe you are using a detergent for a top loader in a front loading machine...

of course i could be wrong, but thats what it sounds like to me...

Can not give you a brand just now but look at the packet. All detergents I have seen in Thailand have a sign on the packet indicating if it's for machine use or for hand wash or for both. Always use a brand with a sign for machine use ONLY.

If your machine is foaming you are definitely using to much detergent. I assume you are using a front loader machine. These machines use much less water than a top loader, probably less than 1/4 and therefore only need 1/4 as much detergent as a top loader to get the same concentration of detergent in the water.

Most machines in Thailand are top loaders and most instructions on the detergent package are for these machines. If it says 1 scoop on the packet you should use 1/4 scoop or less in you front loader.

Thank you so much all. :o

The technicians from the Siemens Centre were here and told me exactly the same. I have a frontloading machine. And they showed me the picture on the package : toploader!!!!!!!

I did n't know this was important. So now I know for what sign on the pack I have to look for.

Unbelievable that I am using a washingmachine since more than 40 years and did not know this.....(I feel a "little" stupid).

So from now on my kitchen will not be transformed in swimmingpool every time I use the machine! :D

Many many thanks!

Anyway because of this I learned how to use the forum. Never did before.....And when I see how helpfull people are here, it really makes me feel good.

Using Fab Perfect (large blue bottle), small amount in ball thingy inside machine, washes everything fine. Stick some of vanish crystals in with whites now and again. Pretty sure its sold in Tesco or Central.

Using Fab Perfect (large blue bottle), small amount in ball thingy inside machine, washes everything fine. Stick some of vanish crystals in with whites now and again. Pretty sure its sold in Tesco or Central.

That is the first one that I used here. But put it in the detergent box. It did not clean very well. Now, I am using also this small ball you put in the machine (brought one back from home) and I will give it a try again..........Thanks.