Buying new car - finance

Lormak

Up until this year my wife and I have been splitting out time between UK and Thailand - keeping an old Corolla for use in Thailand and doing maybe just 4000km/year.

When the current crisis is over we plan to spend most of our time in Thailand and travel around a lot more.  The Corolla has done a huge mileage and I am thinking about getting a new car.  The latest Corolla looks good, but in Thailand it is really poor value.  I am thinking pick-ups are better value (consequence of lower tax).  I would actually prefer something smaller than a pickup, but you do get a lot for the money and a pick up has obvious advantages in terms of driving on rough or flooded roads up-country.  Will be a pain in Bangkok or Pattaya though.

Anyway. I am thinking I could buy a new pickup at around 800Kbaht, keep for 10 years and it should still be worth 300k - so the cost per year is not too bad.

My question relates to paying for the vehicle, which I guess will be around 800-900k  (Toyota double-cab).  Now I could pay for the vehicle outright, but I am thinking it might be better to buy on finance, paying a proportion in cash and financing the rest. If I die part-way through the agreement then there would be more money in my estate. What kind of agreements do the dealers typically offer (interest rates, guarantees) and do they ever offer 0%?