Dental implants in Bangkok

Hi, i'm looking at having dental implants done in BKK as apposed to my home country, UK. Doesn't seem to be much difference in price from what i've heard but of course you have to factor in the quality of life while you're here having it done ????

Can anyone recommend a dental clinic to do this? Not necessarily the cheapest but the best value (quality-cost)

Thanks for any info/comments

I'm looking at this, I lose any more teeth I'm gonna have serious problems with gum recession, something I dread, being a bit vain. I'm like down to my last two or three stalwarts. Lower left has already gone for a burton, but this doesn't seem to affect my appearance. Amazing though, how much the gum recedes when there's no teeth there. Lower front set is pretty strong, upper front is a bridge, with a gap covered by a false tooth, if I'm in a selfie mood. That's all gonna collapse at some stage, I know, being 40+ years old. I basically have one good tooth at the back on each side, upper left and right, lower right. Two good upper front teeth. 

Edited by nausea

23 minutes ago, nausea said:

I'm looking at this, I lose any more teeth I'm gonna have serious problems with gum recession, something I dread, being a bit vain. I'm like down to my last two or three stalwarts. Lower left has already gone for a burton, but this doesn't seem to affect my appearance. Amazing though, how much the gum recedes when there's no teeth there. Lower front set is pretty strong, upper front is a bridge, with a gap covered by a false tooth, if I'm in a selfie mood. That's all gonna collapse at some stage, I know, being 40+ years old. I basically have one good tooth at the back on each side, upper left and right, lower right. Two good upper front teeth. 

Sounds nasty and with all sympathy, hardly the info that "Bill the bloody strange Ogre" was looking for was it? ????

So implants are are a bit tricky, unlike a lot of other dentistry in Thailand.

The cost of the material itself can actually be a little more expensive than in your home country, but you save in the cost of the labor.

But the issue you have to consider is this. 

An implant isn't like having a filling done. You often require a bone transplant even before the implant itself, so the whole process from transplant to implant then waiting for that to heal before you get the crown can take months.

Unless you live in Thailand, this isn't a process I'd recommend if you are just visiting on a month vacation or the like.

But for a recommendation for a good dentist if you are going to do it is, Thonglor Dental Hospital.

https://www.thonglordentalhospital.com

• Like 1

Has a full mouth refurb (3 implants, 16 double vaneers, few crowns & Invisalign (3 sets) done at The S Clinic in Sathorn https://www.google.com/search?q=The S Cosmetic dental clinic bangkok&rlz=1CASSNP_enTH877&oq=The+S+Consmetic+dental+clinic+bangkok&aqs=chrome..69i57.8506j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&sxsrf=ALeKk03bf0Db5UnITNCGSlqtqKVwZ-gLlA:1592644279376&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=13718274,100570146,3618&tbm=lcl&rldimm=6911230963360871718&lqi=CiRUaGUgUyBDb3NtZXRpYyBkZW50YWwgY2xpbmljIGJhbmdrb2tIib3By-WAgIAIWloKHHRoZSBzIGNvc21ldGljIGRlbnRhbCBjbGluaWMQABABEAIQAxAEGAAYARgCGAMYBBgFIiR0aGUgcyBjb3NtZXRpYyBkZW50YWwgY2xpbmljIGJhbmdrb2s&ved=2ahUKEwikhZqkhpDqAhUQIbcAHZoAAgoQvS4wAHoECAwQMA&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!1m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!1m4!1u2!2m2!2m1!1e1!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2&rlst=f#rlfi=hd:;si:6911230963360871718,l,CiRUaGUgUyBDb3NtZXRpYyBkZW50YWwgY2xpbmljIGJhbmdrb2tIib3By-WAgIAIWloKHHRoZSBzIGNvc21ldGljIGRlbnRhbCBjbGluaWMQABABEAIQAxAEGAAYARgCGAMYBBgFIiR0aGUgcyBjb3NtZXRpYyBkZW50YWwgY2xpbmljIGJhbmdrb2s;mv:[[13.894053684381529,100.44196022313353],[13.54452031561848,99.78896491334108]]

I can't remember how much the treatment was as I ended up not needing a sinus lift for one of the implants so it came in cheaper than the 600K estimate but I do recall that I've seen similar treatment elsewhere and the prices were the same (e.g. 180K for 3 x Top & Bottom invisalign treatment)

I did extensive research on the net before choosing this dentist & this place came highly recommended so despite it being a couple of train rides & a 20 minute walk each way for treatment that's advertised in the Mall next to my Condo, I'm very pleased with the results & glad I went there 

Edited by Mike Teavee

Hi Mike,

may I know the name of the dentist who did all your work? And one more question: I know what veneers are, but 'double' veneers, I have never heard of. I am especially interested in veneers, thus my question.

Thanks in advance

32 minutes ago, shakun said:

Hi Mike,

may I know the name of the dentist who did all your work? And one more question: I know what veneers are, but 'double' veneers, I have never heard of. I am especially interested in veneers, thus my question.

Thanks in advance

Dr Pong or something like that, I'm back there for a check-up on Tuesday & will try to get more details then.

Double Venneer basically means a full(front & back) cover for the tooth, as I understand it (knowing Zip about dentistry) a single Veneer is something they put on the front of the tooth to just make it look good.

FWIW I talked Dr P down 1 level on the whiteness as I wanted my new teeth to look natural (My front tooth had finally started to turn black from a fight I had in the playground when I was 11... which was 42 years ago)...  I could have had Simon Cowell's smile if I wanted to ( & obviously I didn't).