Norah Jones: 'I worried about being swallowed up by success'

snoop1130

Norah Jones: 'I worried about being swallowed up by success'

By Laura Snapes

7952.jpg

Norah Jones … ‘I hope my music lifts people up’

The singer-songwriter reflects on her eclectic back catalogue, from a breakthrough mellow jazz smash to collaborations with Danger Mouse and Jeff Tweedy.

To this day, it is hard to reconcile the supernatural success of Norah Jones’s debut album with the shy 22-year-old at its centre.

Released in 2002, Come Away With Me went many times platinum around the world, and remains one of the biggest-selling records of all time.

Jones did not enjoy the frenzy that emerged around her, particularly the media’s fixation with her relationship with the sitar great Ravi Shankar, the once-estranged father with whom she had only recently been reacquainted.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jun/19/norah-jones-i-worried-about-being-swallowed-up-by-success

10 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

she is talented! wish her a prosperous future.

Yeah...she’s great!  I have her album ‘Come Away With Me’ and listen to it quite frequently. 

I saw her father Ravi Shankar live in Seattle around 2007.  It was quite an interesting crowd.  Half of them were well dressed Indians and the other half were Deadheads.  I have heard that he is the best selling artist of all time...even more than the Beatles.  But with something like 75 albums and over a billion Indians, I’m not surprised.  Most stats that we westerners see only include western artists.