Embassy Online Visa application forms are updated: Non-O added

With those in the United States ranking the highest in the world with illness and death because of the virus. I seriously doubt any Thai embassy will be issuing any visas to Thailand in the near future and not without dozens of requirements no foreigner could deal with.

• Confused 1

The Thai's residing in the US (and now their spouses) are returning back to Thailand on the same conditions as from any other country.

Why shouldn't they?

Yes the infections numbers in the US are huge for a simple fact that everybody and his dog are now being tested if desired (symptoms present or not) and for NO COST .

With the positive results showing on average only in the 1-5% range.

More tests - more reported infections.

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, unheard said:

They now have a diagram posted on the first page of the application:

Diagram.PNG.d8ff66cf9655fb933af95872a8ac1c92.PNG

Worst case scenario: There's a big risk that applicants from Florida, Texas and California will be denied entry. 

15 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Worst case scenario: There's a big risk that applicants from Florida, Texas and California will be denied entry. 

Why?

I see nothing that states it depends upon where you are living. 

20 hours ago, unheard said:

The Thai's residing in the US (and now their spouses) are returning back to Thailand on the same conditions as from any other country.

Why shouldn't they?

Yes the infections numbers in the US are huge for a simple fact that everybody and his dog are now being tested if desired (symptoms present or not) and for NO COST .

With the positive results showing on average only in the 1-5% range.

More tests - more reported infections.

Returning to Thailand from the U.S. since when?

2 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Returning to Thailand from the U.S. since when?

Since now - the process is established and very similar to the steps that are followed by the repatriating Thais.

You fill out the online application, then wait to be contacted by the embassy' staff.

Why don't you try it yourself and see how it goes?

On 6/20/2020 at 2:29 AM, unheard said:

They now have a diagram posted on the first page of the application:

Diagram.PNG.d8ff66cf9655fb933af95872a8ac1c92.PNG

Hi.

Did someone saw this pic on any official Thai website ? (link?)

Or is it just a USA only thing ?

Embassies in Europe seem to refer only and strictly to:

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/50437 ...

15 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Did someone saw this pic on any official Thai website ? (link?)

US embassy in the US has it. Select non-o to see it on the following page.

On 6/19/2020 at 7:25 PM, unheard said:

e.g. the embassy application page in the US:

https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/

You have to contact the embassy in the country where you are at to get info and apply for it.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

US embassy in the US has it.

Thanks. Yes, but an American website. Not an official Thai one for me.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to contact the embassy in the country where you are at to get info and apply for it.

Nothing similar to the USA one on European websites that I checked

And just no news at all on the official E-Visa site:  https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

We will have to wait and see... 

28 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Nothing similar to the USA one on European websites that I checked

And just no news at all on the official E-Visa site:  https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

It seems the Thai embassy in the US is more proactive about it than others.

You need to contact the Thai embassy in the country where you are at for info.

The E Visa site is only to apply for a visa not special things like we are discussing.

21 hours ago, unheard said:

Since now - the process is established and very similar to the steps that are followed by the repatriating Thais.

You fill out the online application, then wait to be contacted by the embassy' staff.

Why don't you try it yourself and see how it goes?

Flights from the US to Thailand are found where ? Do the other Thai embassies have this same form?

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

Flights from the US to Thailand are found where ? Do the other Thai embassies have this same form?

For now just chartered flights.

I imagine as soon as the regular flights start operating that would be another option, just not now.

There's a specific travel agency working with the Thai embassy in the US.

They list that agency in the info packet you receive when they contact you back as a response to your application.

I don't know about other countries but the process should be standardized.

Has anyone with a US based insurance company been able to get a letter that says it covers COVID and at least $100k? Mine will give me a letter that says I have coverage, but so far they are saying they won't personalize with that information.

Here is a link to the Thai Embassy in Washington DC. It contains a good comprehensive list of the what's required for a non-Immigrant "O" visa.

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/06/22/foreignerswithnono/

It seems pretty straightforward and I think I understand everything they are asking for and the process. I'm working on pulling everything together. The only thing I am getting stuck on is the insurance letter. I have an insurance letter and coverage for COVID, but they won't customize the letter to specifically mention that. I might end up buying an alternative policy just to get the letter, but I am going to try applying with my generic letter first.

-Bryan

2 hours ago, bryan45876 said:

Has anyone with a US based insurance company been able to get a letter that says it covers COVID and at least $100k? Mine will give me a letter that says I have coverage, but so far they are saying they won't personalize with that information.

I've also asked for a specific mention of Covid 19 but they've refused to mention it since they won't alter the standardized forms.

I think every insurance company has a specific language describing their coverage when traveling outside of North America.

They provided me with a letter stating that my plan has unlimited coverage but only covers non-routine emergency treatments.

2 hours ago, bryan45876 said:

I have an insurance letter and coverage for COVID, but they won't customize the letter to specifically mention that.

I think as long as you have a valid health plan you should be fine.

But why do they refuse to provide the plan's limits? Maybe because it's unlimited?

I think you should press them on that.