Bluport Immigration reopening 1 July

theoldgit

Well thats handy I guess, I've missed one 90 day report in April which will be covered by the amnesty and the next one will be in July.

I normally go to Bluport for shopping so I guess I'll resume this 90 day reporting schedule in July.

If they didn't open the Bluport office before my next report's due I was planning on ignoring them completely until I do the extension stamp in November.

The 90 day reports are pure nonsense anyway, they know and so do we.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,
Read today that an extension of the current visa amnesty ending on July 31 is unlikely. Keeping in mind that this does turn out to be a reality, can someone please offer advice on the following -

1. Does it make sense to go to Blueport immigration to request an extension on a tourist visa post July 31? Or will immigration not process such extensions prior to receiving an official response from the Government? Basically wanting to avoid the mad dash on August 2nd if it comes to that.

2. My family has a prior 1 month extension on our tourist visas (visa expired on March 16, received extension till Aprill 22nd), thereafter our stay is covered by the visa amnesty which began for stay permissions expiring after March 26. Keeping IN mind the assumption that automatic extension of amnesty will not take place after July 31, will immigration office be inclided to give further extension? Especially considering that flights to our home country are not operational nor will they be in August.

3. If the answer to above is YES (Immigration office will provide further fee based extension), I assume a request letter from our embassy will be required as it was last time. Since the Embassy is in Bangkok, will the immigration office accept photocopies if the letter is emailed to us by the Embassy?

4. Worst case scenario, no extension of amnesty or fee based stay allowance, is it advisable to just overstay for 89 days , pay the 20,000THB maximum fine and leave thailand when things are hopefully better all over? I believe the "ban" is for overstays post 90 days. Wanted to confirm if the overstay calculation will begin after the amnesty ends or after our permission to stay ended (April 22)

5. Is the bluport office open on saturday ? On google it says they are operational till 12:30PM on saturdays, but wanted to know if someone could confirm this.

Thank you very much