Pattaya: Tourists flouting the alcohol and distancing rules - police chief cracking down

webfact

3 hours ago, Oldie said:

Around 11 pm yesterday I came across the Tree Town area on my way home. There I saw very many people without masks close together (tourists and ladies and ladymen). Endless empty beer bottles and cans. (Not loud) Music from a portable unit I guess. A police car with blinking red lights standing there but driving away. All in all I had the impression that this seems to be an approved party zone - but the two bars closed by the police are still closed. It has been busy there for weeks already. And someone put there many public benches not so long ago so that the people can sit. 

Still stalking Tree Town hey?

Good job.

• Like 1

Just now, Traubert said:

Still stalking Tree Town hey?

Good job.

Strange remark. I don't stalk Tree Town. I pass there often and it is the only place where I see a lot of action every time despite laws and regulations. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Garbage.  You omitted the very relevant part that stated that Thais were included also, in fact, Thais were the first to be mentioned...

"Pattaya's police chief said he was cracking down on Thai and foreign tourists brazenly breaking the Covid-19 rules in Soi Bua Khao. 

Earlier pictures in the Thai media showed people drinking in the area of Tree Town market where there are mainly restaurants".

Blamed foreigners if you understand the context. No foreigners no thai's, it is our fault

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Strange remark. I don't stalk Tree Town. I pass there often and it is the only place where I see a lot of action every time despite laws and regulations. 

Oh well, maybe I misunderstood the daily reports and the underlying disapproval.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Oh well, maybe I misunderstood the daily reports and the underlying disapproval.

It seems to be a great place for people looking for some entertainment at these restricted times. I never go there. It is just on my way. I could write about Soi LK Metro too. But nothing is going on there. Pretty dark. This Tree Town area looks like an entertainment oasis in the middle of a desert. The new Clinic and the bar next to it even have the name Oasis. I am just wondering why this place is so different. Perhaps there are other areas like this in Pattaya. I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Things are going as planned?  come up with a bunch of rules that no one can follow because they can't understand them and this is the intend of the officials here. Tree town particularly Pattaya Soul is owned and run by no other Thai government officials who is selling all the liquor for everyone standing around as the picture is shown.

Knowing full well this is going to happen next is the story of a crackdown crackdown meaning fill the Red envelope when i come by?  They sure know how to make them pay up.