Fiancee Visa For Australia

I have a friend who want his GF to apply for a Fiancee visa.....they have known each other for 18 months....and have evidence as photos and emails to show.

He has already contacted a marriage celebrant.....by phone...and his friend will arrive here to Thailand in 2 weeks time and bring the documentation. My friend is now staying in Thailand and he wants to wait for the visa to be approved, and then go to AU with his GF.

Problem is, that he has no job in Australia, but has worked in Sweden for a long time....he has a Thai and a Swedish Bank account and can provide the embassy with statements that he is able to suppoert his wife.

How is the chances that his GF will be granted a visa???? :o

I have a friend who want his GF to apply for a Fiancee visa.....they have known each other for 18 months....and have evidence as photos and emails to show.

He has already contacted a marriage celebrant.....by phone...and his friend will arrive here to Thailand in 2 weeks time and bring the documentation. My friend is now staying in Thailand and he wants to wait for the visa to be approved, and then go to AU with his GF.

Problem is, that he has no job in Australia, but has worked in Sweden for a long time....he has a Thai and a Swedish Bank account and can provide the embassy with statements that he is able to suppoert his wife.

How is the chances that his GF will be granted a visa???? :o

tell him to "suck it and see"

I can't imagine that there have never been any Thai tourists to have visited Australia.

Apply for the visa. tell him (your friend) to have all the supporting paperwork, evidence of having the money to cover the trip (and possibly return tickets, back to Thailand)

This other stuff i.e. he has already contacted a marriage celebrant etc., is nonsensical.

Anyone can say that. Whats he gonna do? Take the phone bill to show that he made the call.

This other stuff i.e. he has already contacted a marriage celebrant etc., is nonsensical.

Anyone can say that. Whats he gonna do? Take the phone bill to show that he made the call.

hanks for your answer :o

His friend will bring the documetation from the marriage celebrant. His GF has no job, and no land or house in her name, so a tourist visa is probably not a good advice to give him?

Is you friend an Aussie? I get the feeling he is otherwise he's wasting his time.

Do you know how long the application processing time is now, we have had conflicting reports, 9 months was the quoted "normal processing" time.

You have to show "proof of a relationship", so your photos and emails are good. See if you can gets some "Stat Decs" from friends stating they are committed couple, influential people if possible.

Forget the Marriage Celebrant aspect as a major contributing factor they may get a few brownie points for being organised though.

A "Prospective Marriage Visa" is a 9 month visa, you must enter Oz and get married within the validity of the visa, you must also apply for the "Spouse Visa" within that time.

Download this booklet and have a good read, follow the guidelines and the rest is up to Embassy. :o