Seafood Restaurant Udon Thani

Owiee

Hello 

Can anyone help with pointing me towards a good Seafood restaurant in Udon Thani, in particular l am looking for a place that has lobster, l have checked online without any luck.

Thanks in advance 

Inside Central Plaza Mall are a few seafood restaurants. However, my favorite when I went was Laem Charoen Seafood.  It is on the 4th floor.  It has lobster and a tank that they sit in for you to see. It's been a year now since I was there so you might check if you get into the Mall.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

Your welcome, I just hope that with the shutdown that they are back up to speed.  I liked the ice skating rink as well.  The restaurant is a chain, and we just ate at the one here in Bangkok at Siam Paragn.  The lobsters there were very large.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your welcome, I just hope that with the shutdown that they are back up to speed.  I liked the ice skating rink as well.  The restaurant is a chain, and we just ate at the one here in Bangkok at Siam Paragn.  The lobsters there were very large.

I don’t think the ice skating is still here, at least not that l have seen. I am taking my wife to the restaurant for birthday, mid next month. l will post a note and let you know how the food was........thanks again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ate at Tara beach yesterday.......they have done it up quite well, cabins on the water etc...but I think they close at 8pm until all is back on track.....& No Lobsters..............so only 1 out of 3..................................Aim to be helpful......:coffee1:

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Ive looked at them and wondered do they taste like Alaskan, or are they the same rubbish as local Beef.

Local beef most likely is buffalo, but is very good if cooked in a pressure cooker ????

Thai beef bought fresh at supermarkets/fresh markets is not buffalo but also is not aged at all - sometimes same day as kill in the fresh markets!

A good compromise between that and quality OZ/US fare is the aged Thai beef available in largely black cardboard sleeved packs (can't remember brand name) in the Makro display cold cabinets (not the floor freezers) in the fresh meats section. [Only found it recently and the first time I bought it it was slightly off (Sisaket Makro may not have the fastest footfall of buyers for such) but I persevered and tested it again a couple of times - can recommend and my Thai family loved those bits - have bought rump and sirloin].

• Thanks 1