Non-O multi expired, extension options

Hi guys,

So i have a work permit with my NON-O multi visa. My visa expired March, but i had my last 90days re-entry so my stamp expired on 5thMay. Also my passport date will expire in April 2021. Im planning to get a new passport via my embassy which will take 2 weeks time. So i will apply in next week. I dont have 400K in the bank at the moment but my salary is more than 40K. Im married. My work permit will expire in September. Not did any extensions with my visa yet in thailand. Company did us covid insurance. Never did TM30 because never went to immigration for 5-6 years now. i believe there are many we are on the same boat. Questions:

- I know i can apply for 1 year extension due to salary. BUT as you can see my all visas are expired. And im under auto visa thing. Can get a new passport before July. So can i still apply for a 1 year extension even though my visas?

- If i can apply for 1 year extension due to salary i can imagine these things are needed as documents please edit if i hadnt included something:

1) marriage certificate original & copy 

2) wife goes with me (although shes working for the government and she has a high position so we cannot live together at the moment, but i believe she can come here for a couple of days to help me with the visa)

3) salary slip of the last month or like last 6 months?

4) letter from my company about my salary?

5) my contract?

6) wife house papers.

7) marriage photos and other photos as well?

8) .....

- if i cannot apply for any kind of extension should i wait for the end of july and go to savanakhet and get a new non-o with a my new passport and get a 1 year extension? and again what docs i need? Im reading things like they will not give non-o visa yet even though borders and embassy is open, is it true or just ideas? I also heard there are numbers like how many farang can enter thailand, is it also true? I have work permit but on non-o visa so if they dont give non-o visa, can i still get non-o because of my valid work permit? I cannot get a non-b because im in the 22 countries which i have to get it from my country only.

- if nothing can be done, do i have any other options?

thanks

You only had one visa that expired and that does not matter now since you're already in the country.

Your 90 day permit to stay expired at some time and that is the only thing that matters now.

You could of applied for a 60 day extension to visit your wife when your 90 days ended. You can still apply for one on or before July 31st if needed.

You need to contact your local office about applying for a one year extension of stay while on the "automatic extension" your on now. Some offices do not consider it a extension of your 90 day non-o visa entry.

If you filed a tax return for last year you will need a copy of it and monthly tax payment receipts to prove your 40k baht income.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You only had one visa that expired and that does not matter now since you're already in the country.

Your 90 day permit to stay expired at some time and that is the only thing that matters now.

You could of applied for a 60 day extension to visit your wife when your 90 days ended. You can still apply for one on or before July 31st if needed.

You need to contact your local office about applying for a one year extension of stay while on the "automatic extension" your on now. Some offices do not consider it a extension of your 90 day non-o visa entry.

If you filed a tax return for last year you will need a copy of it and monthly tax payment receipts to prove your 40k baht income.

thanks Joe,

i will check the situation with the nonthaburi immigration today afternoon and update the info for the people having the same issue. But first need a new passport anyway which means at least 2 weeks

Edited by problemfarang

1 hour ago, problemfarang said:

thanks Joe,

i will check the situation with the nonthaburi immigration today afternoon and update the info for the people having the same issue. But first need a new passport anyway which means at least 2 weeks

Would be very interested in what they're saying. Keep us updated!

Check this post for a full list of everything required to apply for a Non-O 1-year extension based on Thai family using your Thai-Salary to qualify:

(assuming Nonthaburi uses the same district-level sign-off, so likely similar - though each office can add more)

Edited by JackThompson

On 6/24/2020 at 7:53 PM, JackThompson said:

Check this post for a full list of everything required to apply for a Non-O 1-year extension based on Thai family using your Thai-Salary to qualify:

(assuming Nonthaburi uses the same district-level sign-off, so likely similar - though each office can add more)

thanks great help

8 hours ago, drbeach said:

Chaeng Wattana is in Nonthaburi province. So isn't that the same office for Nonthaburi?

You need to look at a map again. Chaeng Wattana immigration is Bangkok.

Their address proves they are Bangkok. 

"Chaeng Watthana Road, Thung Song Hong Subdistrict, Laksi District, Bangkok 10210"

On 6/24/2020 at 7:53 PM, JackThompson said:

Chaeng Wattana is under Division 1. Nonthaburi is under Division 3.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:29 PM, drbeach said:

Chaeng Wattana is in Nonthaburi province. So isn't that the same office for Nonthaburi?

Hi, no they are different. Nonthaburi is kinda in bangkok but its a city by itself. So need to go to Nonthaburi immigration which is near RAMA 5 bridge

37 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Hi, no they are different. Nonthaburi is kinda in bangkok but its a city by itself. So need to go to Nonthaburi immigration which is near RAMA 5 bridge

Actually Nonthaburi is another province not just a city.