Amazing Thailand: Life turns around for Isaan man after getting albino toad! Now for lottery win #3

webfact

Amazing Thailand: Life turns around for Isaan man after getting albino toad! Now for lottery win #3

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A breeder of bandicoot rats in Mukdahan in Thailand's north eastern region has never felt better after his brother gave him an albino toad. 

The three inch long creature with red eyes and weird back legs was part of a batch of frogs and toads that 33 year old Prawit's brother caught for sale. 

He said he would let the unusual creature go but Prawit said he would look after it. He constructed a habitat in a cement pipe with mud so that the albino toad could burrow.

Since getting the toad Prawit's life has taken off. 

He posted a picture on Facebook which led to a friend divining the last three numbers from the skin enabling a lottery win on June 1st.

A further win resulted on June 16th though the numbers were different this time and might, just might, have been related to an albino snake he spotted in front of his house. 

Other mysterious things have been happening, though. He sold ALL his bandicoots and other sales at the market have been great recently. 

He wasn't sure if this was all down to the albino toad but it sure was mysterious. 

Now he has employed the services of a professional soothsayer who will attempt to divine the numbers for the next draw of the lottery in a special ceremony.

Prawit is hoping it will be third time lucky. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-24

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, webfact said:

Now he has employed the services of a professional soothsayer who will attempt to divine the numbers for the next draw of the lottery in a special ceremony.

He and his albino toad were doing well,until this,

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Is that 'employed' as in financially? Is the soothsayer on a commission?

What does he say exactly in this special ceremony, "Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me."

It says "ajarn". I went for soothsayer in the translation as it had a far better ring to it than professor. 

I'd say he'd have to pay AND be on commission. These soothsayers don't come cheap.

Rooster

28 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

It says "ajarn". I went for soothsayer in the translation as it had a far better ring to it than professor. 

I'd say he'd have to pay AND be on commission. These soothsayers don't come cheap.

Rooster

Don't come cheap?

I remember the first all-singing-all-dancing soothsayer/fortune teller I ever saw.

Thirty-odd years ago, first time in Thailand. Went with a girl to a large house in Bangkok.

Guy 'dressed as a monk'. Audience of about fifty Thais plus me, the token ferang. All sitting on the floor.

Monk boy waffled on for an hour, no idea what he was saying.

Then the finale. Got a gullible volunteer up from the audience.

Waved his hands around the bloke. Then he appeared to put his hand in the unsuspecting guy's mouth and pulled out an egg.

Monk boy then cracked the egg open and a bird flew out. All the Thais were lapping it up and virtually throwing money at him.

I wanted to applaud - well it was a good trick - but the girl I was with made sure I did nothing.

David Copperfield eat yer heart out!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so did his brother turn into a toad and he won the lottery  ?

Forget Toad of Toad Hall. I used to go out who was a witch.

One day I was driving my car, she was sitting next to me. She put her hand on my knee and I turned into a layby.

(Layby - for the non-Brits:

a place at the side of a road where a vehicle can stop without interrupting other traffic)

• Like 1

Great stuff .. we've got crash bandicoots , albino amphibians and reptiles , Prawit's , water divined lottery No's and sooth sayers .. all that's missing is the frog was a lady boy .. which would be the cherry on top as sequential hermaphroditism is quite common amongst croakers .. 

But they still keep their gona-ds by all accts .. 

IMG_20200624_110126.jpg

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:
21 hours ago, webfact said:

Since getting the toad Prawit's life has taken off.

Nearly p++sed myself reading that, Prawit and toad in the same sentence.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: 

I suppose if the stress all gets too much, Prawit could end up on suicide 'watch'.

• Haha 1

I think many of the TVForum posters are missing the point. 

If something special arrives into your life, like a nice lady, or a baby, it can clear the mind. Make decisions more easy to make. Warm the cockles. Sooth the heart. This albino toad has that effect on the guy. He will probably have good health, fortune and happiness.  

There was a thread recently about a Thai who loved his albino snakehead fish (only 2 weeks ago) just look what happened to him?!

This guy will probably win the 6million lotto jackpot now. Good luck to him.

I'm carefully searching my daughter's snail farm.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I think many of the TVForum posters are missing the point. 

If something special arrives into your life, like a nice lady, or a baby, it can clear the mind. Make decisions more easy to make. Warm the cockles. Sooth the heart. This albino toad has that effect on the guy. He will probably have good health, fortune and happiness.  

There was a thread recently about a Thai who loved his albino snakehead fish (only 2 weeks ago) just look what happened to him?!

This guy will probably win the 6million lotto jackpot now. Good luck to him.

I'm carefully searching my daughter's snail farm.

...but slowly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

...but slowly.

I've just had a butchers. And!!!!??? No albino snails. Absolutely gutted!!

1943115612_snailfarm.jpg.99fb01c1dde3372a6c819bbf318b1d13.jpg

No Lotto win for me this time.

Edited by owl sees all
took out 'next' - put in 'this'
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Buggar! Looks like it's red wine with the meal this time then, not white.

I've just put the pot on for another batch of reishi. The reishi mix is a brown colour. It gets a little lighter when the Lao Khao is added. A mouth full of snail, washed down with a swig of reishi wine. What could be nicer? Well' maybe finding an albino snail; and winning the Thai lotto.

1565868840_reish101.jpg.a90ee44457589806f6d9e66bedb982c8.jpg

The pot does have a lid. I just took it off to show the ingredients.

Edited by owl sees all