info wanted from fellow travellers BKK-->DOH-->###

Guest StephenB

Guest StephenB

Anyone transit through Doha recently? Just wanted to know if anything unexpected I should be aware of relating to covid stuff.

25 minutes ago, PatchinExPat said:

I don't think anyone anywhere has been traveling lately.

You may be a first.

Plenty of Australians have used that to get home to Sydney,Melbourne, reports are trouble free despite long stop over.

There are a number of airlines still flying and literally anyone who has wanted to leave Thailand could have at anytime since the "lockdown" started. Getting back into Thailand is another question.

As for Doha, Qatar (and Qatar Air) apparently have no problem so long as you stay in Transit. Right now, they probably wouldn't even let you out of Transit anyways unless you were a citizen.

6 hours ago, PatchinExPat said:

You may be a first.

I flew through Istanbul 2 days ago in transit to Heathrow. There were plenty of people travelling to European destinations on various flights. Certainly not at pre Covid levels, but people are on the mive to places that they can get too.

11 hours ago, PatchinExPat said:

You may be a first.

Doesn't seem to be a problem. A sick Pakistani arrived via Doha in Vienna a few days ago.  Nobody picked it up in Doha or in Vienna. 

A trip report and a video here, one in Business Class and one in Economy.  Maybe didn't start in BKK, but should give you an idea of what to expect.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2020337-flying-home-qr-amidst-pandemic-video.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/2019803-experience-flying-qatar-during-covid-19-a.html