Poll - Current Visa situation

Current Visa situation  

42 members have voted

1. 1. For those CURRENTLY IN Thailand, what is your current Visa situation for Thailand?

• I'm great! I have an Elite Visa.
    • I'm good for now. I have a Work, Marriage, Retirement, or ED Visa....
    • I'm ok. I have a Non-Immigrant Visa that I need to convert to a Marriage or Retirement Visa which I can do without leaving the country.
    • I'm concerned. I have a Non-Immigrant Visa that I need to convert to a Work or Education Visa which requires me to leave and re-enter the country.
    • I don't know what I can do. I have a Tourist or Business Visa that was automatically extended through July 31st, but after that ????

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/2020 at 04:59 AM

For those people who are CURRENTLY IN Thailand, what is your current Visa situation?  It would be interesting to hear what your situation is, and if you have a visa that was automatically extended through July 31st, what kinds of concerns or plans you have regarding your visa over the next few weeks.

Edited by asiacurious

Currently on amnesty, Non O still valid, but nowhere to jump, and they wouldn't let me back in anyway.

Why worry about 5 weeks in the future?

I might be dead, amnesty might be extended, no point in worrying about events outside my control.

If push comes to shove, I'll just walk away from my mortgage and family.

I was in Cambodia the day the borders closed, should have stayed there.

Made the mistake of caring for my Thai family.

Lesson learned, that won't happen again.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, glegolo said:

In my eyes this is a completely useless poll, no good for anybody.... Even yourself have no real reason to do this. I am not answering this stuff.

glegolo

Although I disagree with it, I appreciate your point of view.  For me though, it's helpful as a way to better understand what others are going through.  And it gives some sort of small small snapshot of the visa situation as it exists and effects people's lives.  

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I cannot reply to your poll since I am not on a visa of any kind.

I am on my 12th extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. I have not had a valid visa for over 12 years.

Ahhhh, gosh.  Well, I forgot that as an option!  Sorry about that.