Outward travel

Figglymiggly

On 6/26/2020 at 1:03 PM, treetops said:

Any Thai can make a booking.  Whether they can fly on it depends on the destination (and any transit) country and their requirements.

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

Hong Kong(Cathay) and Qatar are open for transit I think. 

I think what the op meant to ask was if there are any Thai government restrictions on leaving the country, such as Ausies not allowed to leave Australia without government permission

23 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I think what the op meant to ask was if there are any Thai government restrictions on leaving the country, such as Ausies not allowed to leave Australia without government permission

Ok  but not worth having permission to travel if no planes going. 

Thanks Luk Krueng, thats exactly what i meant ie, are there any Thai government restrictions on Thai citizens leaving the country, i know there are several airlines operating from Bkk, im curious if its safe to book a ticket for gf to Turkey.

As of 12th June Turkey has lifted all restrictions for foreigners to enter the country. You are good to go.

Thailand never banned anyone to leave.

To come back in the near future might be more difficult though.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Why aren't there any planes leaving? They are leaving every day, but not to every destination. 

Yes. "Not to every destination" was my point. Even if you are allowed to leave there are countries that are closed and because of the limitations on arrivals to Thailand  not all airlines are flying from  here. 

1 minute ago, Figglymiggly said:

Thanks CLS, wouldn't happen until late July with her return 3/4 wks later so hopefully Thai quarantine would be lifted by then.

I would not count on that...in fact I think unlikely. She should not go unless prepared to have difficulty, delays and quarantine on return.

• Like 1

Thanks Sheryl, that's exactly what i didn't want to hear, but unfortunately i fear you may be correct, there doesn't appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel, at least not in the short term. I know your're guess is probably as good as mine, but if you were asked to give an opinion on the timeframe for the relaxing of the quarantine requirements, what would it be?

• Like 1