Ais mobile phone

harry94

I have owned my AIS lava phone for a number of years , if i buy a new AIS phone from Lazada can i just insert my sim card then just carry on using the phone as my number is registered with Ais .In other words not having to register the new phone .Simple question from a not internet savvy expat .

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

can i just insert my sim card then just carry on using the phone as my number is registered with Ais

Two issues here.

1. The SIM card (Subscriber Identity Module), when already registered, allows you to easily and readily move your wireless number from device to device just by moving the card. **the card being registered with the wireless service provider, and the provider registering the card with the Thai government. 

So, yes, as far as the SIM card goes you can just insert it into another phone and start using it.

2. If you purchase a new "SmartPhone" then some setup will be required before it allows you to make or receive phone calls or access the Internet.
    If purchasing a inexpensive, under 2,000 THB, 4G/LTE Phone (usually the ones with physical dial number pads) then very little to no 'setup' will be needed.  

The other thing is how many years? They used to have large SIM cards but now most have small ones. If your' s is the same size can just change the Sims. If you buy your new phone near to an AIS dealership they will just change it for you. 

7 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Thank you for your help , i have a small sim card and the phone is not expensive so it looks like i should be ok .

There's 3 sizes of SIM card, but you can get them cut down or use adapters to go up a size.

And as mentioned, AIS shop can copy your SIM to new size if needed.

Save your phone numbers to the SIM if you have this option in the menu (common on older phones,  but not on newer ones) - then your numbers will transfer to new phone.

If your old phone has a micro SD  (memory) card - save everything to this (in Storage settings) then transfer the SD card to your new phone.  They are all the same 'micro' size.

Possible to use a cable and a lap top to transfer everything - but easier to ask the shop to do this for you.

Thank you every one for your help, today i decided to visit my AIS store and i purchased a new phone , rather than me

worrying about my sim and keeping my phone number , every thing was done for me in a few minutes by a young lady so all good and happy .

• Like 2