Replacement Screen on Fly Screen

Oink

After 10 years our Fly Screens are developing holes. contacted the suppler but they are only interested in replacing the whole window assembly.

I have seen rolls of replacement screens in HomePro but I am reluctant to try myself as they wind onto some kind of spring powered roller.

Does anyone have any experience of getting their screens replaced?

Thanks

Oink

IMG_0374.JPG

IT's not too difficult replacing insect screens.

On the inside the screening material is held in place by a rubbery strip thingy (can't think of the proper name at the moment).

Get a small screwdriver and just carefully working your way round the frame lift the strip thingy out, this will release the old screening mesh.

Place the new mesh over the now empty frame, make sure it goes over the groove and again carefully go round the frame pushing the new mesh into groove with the strip thingy so it holds it in place.

Any excess mesh can be easily trimmed after the job is done.

Screen!.jpg.79577a979ffabde6dea83a5ad25e6733.jpg

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daffy D said:

IT's not too difficult replacing insect screens.

Unless I am mistaken I think the OP has one of those pull down screens hence his problem in finding a solution. Otherwise I was going to suggest the window store in between the Flying vegetable restaurant and Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang who can make screens to fit windows.

They may still be worth asking.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 10:57 PM, topt said:

Unless I am mistaken I think the OP has one of those pull down screens hence his problem in finding a solution. Otherwise I was going to suggest the window store in between the Flying vegetable restaurant and Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang who can make screens to fit windows.

They may still be worth asking.

That's right. It goes up and down like a roller blind.

I will give them a try

Thank you