Re entry question

I think I have read all there is about the folks having to go to the embassy to get a visa to enter Thailand, but I haven't seen anything about those of us that have re entry stamps. Does anyone have any information about what we are required to do.

Just now, bunnydrops said:

Yes, I am on a marriage extension.

You will have to check with the Thai embassy for where you are located now to get the permission.

Some info is here on the embassy website in the US requirements. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/06/22/foreignerswithnono/

You will not need to apply for a visa if you have a valid re-entry permit.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will have to check with the Thai embassy for where you are located now to get the permission.

Some info is here on the embassy website in the US requirements. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/06/22/foreignerswithnono/

You will not need to apply for a visa if you have a valid re-entry permit.

Thanks Joe---I will check with them but I was afraid this would be the case.

After looking at the requirements. I can't see how it could really work. The Insurance for the time of stay in Thailand requires a date and a ticket out. But my wife and I live in Thailand with no known date that I would be leaving again, (re extending in March). I understand that getting a full time $100,000 insurance would be the answer, but the amount seems excessive. In the 11 years I have been here I have always paid out of pocket, the total in the 11 years less than $2000. ( Maybe buy an refundable ticket and insurance for after March and then cancel after the extension?) Then there is the virus check 72 hrs before the flight-- in the area where I would be coming from less than 5% have been able to get tested and there is a large waiting line--- and then your flight gets canceled? And then there is the "fit to fly"  medical report 72 hours before the flight. In truth, I don't even know what that is.

I am still here in Thailand, I bought the re entry stamp before the first of my 3 tickets out got canceled. My wife and I have seasonal work though the end of Nov. We have an apartment there that we have paid for by the year. The owner has been nice enough to not charge us for the months May through when we get there, but of course if we are not going back, something else will have to be arranged.