Is Siam Commercial Bank open at Chaeng Wattana

Does anyone know whether the SCB bank at the Government Complex under IO is open?

I am due to do my extension of stay application. The IO would not accept a bank certificate dated the day before my application and balance confirmation slip last year. It was handy to go downstairs to get one issued on the day. Someone reported the branch was closed on their run last month.

The next closest branches seem to be in Central Plaza, Big C & somewhere on Chaeng Wattana Road. Has anyone done the same drama this year & have a tip for the next most convenient SCB branch if CW is still closed?

Many thanks for your help 

Admit I only used Bangkok Bank on 17th but believe all the banks were open.  Believe bank letter can be early but passbook must be updated on day of application.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Admit I only used Bangkok Bank on 17th but believe all the banks were open.  Believe bank letter can be early but passbook must be updated on day of application.

Thanks, for your answer,

I could try an update in a machine outside the branch if it is closed. They didn't accept a slip on the day that tallied with letter the bank letter day before as teh bank book as already up to date. I think in the end I got the new letter & had a transaction on the same day by putting the second bank letter fee going through the account to so it would have something to update. 

Timing the queue appointment this year will be trickier with a longer trip to a nearby bank that may not open till mid morning may but if that is the requirement I suppose other people will have jumped through the same hoop. 

Siam Commercial Bank is no longer in the basement of the Government Complex at CW. 

Siam Commercial Bank has a branch open 5 minutes by bike away from 08.30 next door to the Chulaborn Hospital at street level of Chulabhorn Graduate Institute, 906 Kamphaeng Phet 6 Rd, Talat Bang Khen, Lak Si, Bangkok 10210. 

SCB has a branch at Big C, that the IO staff recommend but it only opens at 10.30. I could not find the opening times of the SCB at 99/37-40, Moo 4, Chaeng Watthana Road, Thung Song Hong, Khet Lak Si, Bangkok, 10210. 

I encountered the following surprises today in the attempt to extend permission to stay an OA Retirement visa:

3 new forms that were no problem - Acknowledgement of Penalties for a Visa Overstay, Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay (STM 2) and a Statement of guarantee by someone swearing an oath to guarantee the application. 

I thought that I would have to find someone to swear an oath to guarantee the application but it turns out, and I went through this with the IO, that YOU can swear your own oath. In the gap to state relationship the swearer has with teh applicant I put "self".

The IO required that my bank pass book be updated on the date of my application (1 July) and suggested that I pay a transaction out to have a transaction to update. She then realised that the bank certificate would have to be re-done as it confirmed the balance before the transaction.

An answer may be to pay out 100 baht & deposit 100 baht but I did what she requested. She also required statements for 12 months rather than the 3 months my branch had given me with a bank certification that could not be used. In future I will take 12 months statements & do the bank certification at 08.30 before going to CW. 

I had Health Insurance cover needed with LMG Insurance as spoken about on this forum. I asked LMG to start the insurance a few days early but they advised starting from the date of extension (7  July) base don their experience. My permit to stay without health insurance cover to 7 July so I did not expect a problem. 

However the IO could not issue an extension starting in the period of cover on 7 July before cover was effective.  They asked me to return on 7 July. I pointed out that the 7th was a holiday so they said return on 8th July not phased by the Overstay. 

I asked about a new set of statements for 12 months and bank certificate. The IO wasn't as interested in the statements and said a bank certificate is valid for 7 days (though not for the IO who said the Certificate I got yesterday had to match an updated pass book). They were trying to be helpful but how honesty do we know that we won't get colds or something so my stuff will be overdue on the 8th. 

Neither did they seem to realise that the 7 days life of a bank certificate dated 1 July would not cover the 8th. 

I'll get a third certificate & statements on the 8th unless I can get the Health Insurance start date moved forward to do it on Friday 3rd. 

Otherwise, not crowded, got out at 11.30 after arriving back from the bank at 09.30. 
  • Like 1