World Snooker Championship Starts Today!

Well another World Championship and no chance of seeing it here! Yet I noticed yesterday that we had nearly five hours of some insignificant pool tournament. Yet we get an hour of 6 month old UK Championships this morning, repeated over and over again. I don't know why they bother!

I am of the opinion that we will only see matches in which James Wattana is playing. There was one match shown last year. :D

The reason it is not televised is probably that the BBC have the rights and are charging too much. :o

Right, there used to be lots of snooker on TV when Wattana was young and hot. A ranking tournament was held in Bkk. each year for several years. Now with Ding, the tournament has moved to China, and they might even show TV snooker. But now too expensive for TrueTV, so we get endless hours of wrestling. That must come real cheap.

totally right lads , not enough snooker on t.v in LOS. I do remember though the year O'Sullivan beat Dott in the final ( 2004 I think ) they did show the final on star sports .

But that was before all this 9 ball crapola :o:D .

Yeah in 2004 they showed the semis and the final live, haven't had anything since tthen really, apart from the odd Wattana match. What really disgusts me is that I have the Platinum package, but sometimes all 6 channels are showing football, or football realated stuff, even football from the 70's. I don't know why they even bother to purport to show snooker, when they can't be bothered with the premier tournament? I look forward to the day when such things can be viewed over the net worldwide!