Thailand's King Gets New Boeing 737

Jai Dee

Thailand's king gets new Boeing 737

The king of Thailand will be flying around in a new plane. His personal aircraft is a new 737-800, according to newspaper reports in Thailand.

According to The Nation of Bangkok, King Bhumibol Adulyadej's new 737 left Seattle this week and arrived in Thailand after making refueling stops in Hawaii and Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands. The king's new 737-800 replaces a Boeing Co.737-400.

Source: Bizjournals - 21 April 2007

King's new aircraft arrives, with 'Air Force One' in reserve

The "Air Force One" that served then prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is now a spare aircraft for His Majesty the King.

His Majesty's new personal aircraft is a Boeing 737-800, which left Seattle, Washington, on Sunday and landed at 11.30am yesterday, after making refuelling stops in Hawaii and Saipan.

"Air Force One", an Airbus ACJ319, carries the official name "Thai Khu Fa", from the building inside the Government House compound. The name will be removed and replaced by "Royal Thai Air Force". The plane will also be repainted in traditional livery, white on the fuselage with light and dark blue stripes from nose to tail.

A Boeing 737-400, which currently serves as the King's aircraft, will be decommissioned in three years after 13 years in operation, Air Force spokesman Group Captain Monthol Satchukorn said.

The Air Force has another Airbus, a 319-300 model, to use as His Majesty's spare plane. Both Airbuses are available for members of the immediate royal family.

The Boeing 737-800 was produced exclusively by the American manufacturer to honour His Majesty's 60th year on the throne.

Boeing was chosen as the supplier because Air Force pilots and maintenance crews are thoroughly familiar with Boeing airliners.

The new 737-800's passenger cabin will be decorated by artists from the Fine Arts Department and fitted with emergency medical equipment and a noise-reduction system.

Source: The Nation - 21 April 2007

30032330-01.jpg

A ceremony is held at Royal Thai Air Force headquarters yesterday to receive a Boeing 737-800 jet to support the work of Their Majesties the King and Queen.

His Majesty's new personal aircraft is a Boeing 737-800...

"Air Force One", an Airbus ACJ319...

The Air Force has another Airbus, a 319-300 model...

The Boeing 737-800 was produced exclusively by the American manufacturer to honour His Majesty's 60th year on the throne.

I wish newspapers would double-check what they write, and have it written by someone who actually knows what he or she is talking about. To be precise, His Majesty's new aircraft is a 737-800BBJ (Boeing Business Jet), which has a different layout and longer range than normal 800-series.

It's not Airbus ACJ319, but rather A319CJ (Corporate Jet)

A 319-300 model? As far as I know, this model is non-existent...

And as for that last statement... it sounds good of course, but I doubt that Boeing has manufactured this aircraft as a present for His Majesty, which is what this sounds like.

I know, most people won't know above details, but a newspaper is supposed to give the right facts.

I wish newspapers would double-check what they write, and have it written by someone who actually knows what he or she is talking about. To be precise, His Majesty's new aircraft is a 737-800BBJ (Boeing Business Jet), which has a different layout and longer range than normal 800-series.

And as for that last statement... it sounds good of course, but I doubt that Boeing has manufactured this aircraft as a present for His Majesty, which is what this sounds like.

I know, most people won't know above details, but a newspaper is supposed to give the right facts.

OMG a plane spotter!

The "Air Force One" that served then prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is now a spare aircraft for His Majesty the King.

His Majesty's new personal aircraft is a Boeing 737-800, which left Seattle, Washington, on Sunday and landed at 11.30am yesterday, after making refuelling stops in Hawaii and Saipan.

"Air Force One", an Airbus ACJ319, carries the official name "Thai Khu Fa", from the building inside the Government House compound. The name will be removed and replaced by "Royal Thai Air Force". The plane will also be repainted in traditional livery, white on the fuselage with light and dark blue stripes from nose to tail.

A Boeing 737-400, which currently serves as the King's aircraft, will be decommissioned in three years after 13 years in operation, Air Force spokesman Group Captain Monthol Satchukorn said.

The Air Force has another Airbus, a 319-300 model, to use as His Majesty's spare plane. Both Airbuses are available for members of the immediate royal family.

Boeing was chosen as the supplier because Air Force pilots and maintenance crews are thoroughly familiar with Boeing airliners.

The new 737-800's passenger cabin will be decorated by artists from the Fine Arts Department and fitted with emergency medical equipment and a noise-reduction system.

Some corrections.

The official Royal family aircraft is an A310-300 not A319-300. The Royal family uses a 737-200 and the CP has a 737-400.

The A319CJ "Air Force One" is used by the government and would certainly be available for the Royal faimly, but is for the PM and Cabinet members.

Note:

The 737-800 is one of the best aircraft produced today. I look forward to seeing the aircraft after the paint job.

:o

Newspapers, nor any other news media can rarely get it right when it comes to such things... Frankly I am surprised they got as close as they did.

Maybe you should apply to be a staff consultant to the press :o They certainly need it!

OMG a plane spotter!

You got that right! :D

Some corrections.

The official Royal family aircraft is an A310-300 not A319-300. The Royal family uses a 737-200 and the CP has a 737-400.

The A319CJ "Air Force One" is used by the government and would certainly be available for the Royal faimly, but is for the PM and Cabinet members.

Note:

The 737-800 is one of the best aircraft produced today. I look forward to seeing the aircraft after the paint job.

Thanks for the extra info, I didn't know about the A310. The 737-200 is an ageing bird, it was time the Royal family got another plane.

Here is a picture of the new 737-800BBJ

Newspapers, nor any other news media can rarely get it right when it comes to such things... Frankly I am surprised they got as close as they did.

Maybe you should apply to be a staff consultant to the press :o They certainly need it!

I already did... and I already am here and there, but not for The Nation... :D

OMG a plane spotter!

You got that right! :D

Some corrections.

Note:

Thanks for the extra info, I didn't know about the A310. The 737-200 is an ageing bird, it was time the Royal family got another plane.

Here is a picture of the new 737-800BBJ

I already did... and I already am here and there, but not for The Nation... :D

They have a 1983 737-200, another 737-300 the 732 has been removed from service and being stored and maintained by the RTAF.737-200

The A310-324 is YOM 1991 ac. Royal Thai A310-300 Time to be replaced.

The 737-800BBJ is a perfect plane for the replacement of the older planes.

:D

This topic will be closed if further inappropriate posts are made. If such posts appear, the responsible posters will please ignore them, as the responses will also be deleted. Thank you.

"No disrespect of the King of Thailand or The Thai Royal Family! Discussion of topics concerning the King or other current or deceased members of the Thai Royal Family is forbidden."

????????????

*The Boeing 737-800 was produced exclusively by the American manufacturer to honour His Majesty's 60th year on the throne. *

It also sounds like the particular options, interior, etc. were custom with a little more interaction design wise with the buyer (as every single Boeing Business Jet customer can do) other than seat layouts, engines, and which of 200 shades of white you want... making every single have the potential to be "exclusive," especially since most customers of this version aren't making multiple purchases for a fleet.

:o

That looks like a nice/great plane to me.

It doesn't just look like a nice plane, it IS a nice plane. One of the most exclusive business jets available.

Although now you can also order the Airbus A380 in VIP configuration, which definitely offers the most possibilities to design your own layout. Heck, you could even have a bowling lane in the top deck! :o

The 737 BBJ can have virtually any layout the customer wants - and is prepared to pay for. Note that not all BBJ's have a luxury, bizjet layout though - some of them are used as company jets to ferry employees back and forth - like Ford has - and some airlines use them to offer a business class only service on long-haul flights, like Lufthansa and KLM.

The Dutch royal family has a Fokker 70 at their disposal. The plane's registration is PH-KBX, where KBX refers to Koningin Beatrix - Queen Beatrix. Here is a picture of this plane. The aircraft used before was a Fokker F-28, registered PH-PBX. The Fokker 70 lacks a very long range and has to make multiple refuling stops on a long-haul flight, but more than anything else it is symbolical for the Dutch royals to be transported in a Dutch-made aircraft.

The Spanish royal family uses one of two Airbus A310's operated by the Spanish Air Force, which is by far not new but replaced a much older Boeing 707. The Spanish king got stuck various times while on this plane due to technical reasons, which was obviosuly quite humiliating. Here is a picture.

I am sure that there are many other examples of aircraft used by members of royal families.

It doesn't just look like a nice plane, it IS a nice plane. One of the most exclusive business jets available.

Although now you can also order the Airbus A380 in VIP configuration, which definitely offers the most possibilities to design your own layout. Heck, you could even have a bowling lane in the top deck! :o

Bowling alley eh? hope it has a self leveling floor.... would be awful hard to bowl in just about every phase of flight.. :D

The Dutch royal family has a Fokker 70 at their disposal. The plane's registration is PH-KBX, where KBX refers to Koningin Beatrix - Queen Beatrix. Here is a picture of this plane. The aircraft used before was a Fokker F-28, registered PH-PBX. The Fokker 70 lacks a very long range and has to make multiple refuling stops on a long-haul flight, but more than anything else it is symbolical for the Dutch royals to be transported in a Dutch-made aircraft.

The Spanish royal family uses one of two Airbus A310's operated by the Spanish Air Force, which is by far not new but replaced a much older Boeing 707. The Spanish king got stuck various times while on this plane due to technical reasons, which was obviosuly quite humiliating. Here is a picture.

I am sure that there are many other examples of aircraft used by members of royal families.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_transport..._Heads_of_State

More pics in this older thread...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=117036

Evidently this aircraft had been on order for a while, it had been scheduled for delivery last year (maybe December for the King's birthday?). Not sure who delayed the delivery but I assume it was the RTAF's decision.

edited to add: The Crown Prince is certified to fly B737's, and as has been mentioned in other threads, allowed to fly his 737-400 into/take-off from USM, on a special exemption.

Edited by lomatopo

edited to add: The Crown Prince is certified to fly B737's, and as has been mentioned in other threads, allowed to fly his 737-400 into/take-off from USM, on a special exemption.

Yeah - he has kept me on the ground for extended periods and turned circles in the sky more times than I care to think while he beat up a pattern..... :o

Levent,

I've got to take myhat off to you. You certainly know your aircraft.

I've got a pretty good knowledge of military aircraft, but in other threads, you showed you have me beat dead-to-rights. And now you show the same with civilian aricraft.  If I hever have a question concerning aircraft, I know where to go!  :o