Excellent New Book (well New To Me)

stevehaigh

i just got a copy of "Thai Reference Grammar" by James Higbie and Snea Thinsan. can't recomment it more. by far the most comprehensive guide to thai grammatical structures i've seen. it covers all the hard to find stuff like "sak tee" which i've never found in another book. it also has a great index for searching stuff. i also really like the way they show tone marks of the translitterations, ther have bars above and below words to indicate the tone.

steve

i just got a copy of "Thai Reference Grammar" by James Higbie and Snea Thinsan. can't recomment it more. by far the most comprehensive guide to thai grammatical structures i've seen. it covers all the hard to find stuff like "sak tee" which i've never found in another book. it also has a great index for searching stuff. i also really like the way they show tone marks of the translitterations, ther have bars above and below words to indicate the tone.

steve

Yes,couldnt agree more.I just bought that book and so far have found it very good.Also like the phonetic system they use,makes a lot more sense than the usual system.

steve

It's funny that you just posted this. I just made a reply to chelseatops, in the topic asking about Thai grammar, recommending this same book. Then I read the next topic (yours) only to find that you had already mentioned it here. I agree, it's a very good reference book for spoken grammar. I do wish it had exercises incorporated to reinforce things though. I've used the book on and off for about two years.