Thai economists predict further economic contraction from Covid-19 fallout

webfact

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Planned investment in the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) may not be enough to upgrade the economy into a 4.0 economy that is driven by information technology. 

I had to do some minor business at a major Thai bank company branch the other day. Even though I know I had updated the info before, they claimed they had my old passport number on record, not my current one. So couldn't do anything until I returned with my current passport, which I did.

At that point, we launched into about a half hour long process that involved them making multiple photocopies of my old and current passports, then having me sign probably a dozen different pages, then them manually stamping many of those pages, and lots of shuffling and rechecking...

All to get a one-page printout of my account activity for 2019, for which they charged me a 200b fee... Heck, for a while there, I thought they had me applying for a new 30-year home loan mortgage, there was so much paperwork involved...

So amid all that, I really want to ask, where the heck is Thailand's "4.0 economy that is driven by information technology."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kingdong said:

no you didn,t thats why i asked not that i,d have bothered if i knew that was your attitude.

If you don't like the answer, then don't ask questions, or just go away

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Susco said:

If you don't like the answer, then don't ask questions, or just go away

if you don,t like people asking a simple civil question pertaining to a post you put up on an open forumn then don,t bother posting,not that i,m sure anyone gives a tinkers cuss.

Edited by kingdong