1 year marriage extension - based on income question

Many years ago (can't remember how many) I tried to extend my marriage visa stay for 1 year using an income method, but it was rejected by immigration at the time in Chaeng Watthana because the Embassy would not confirm my overseas income and they told me to go the 400k per year in the bank account route.

Now, I've been seeing a lot of posts where people say they are extending their stay for 1 year using the income method, simply by showing bank transfers from overseas from 2-3 months back. Did something change and I missed it? Years back they asked me for company documents, where the money is coming from, embassy letter confirming the income, etc.

Is there anything else that immigration asks for now? Or just proof of these 2-3 transfers from overseas and that's it?

The 2 or 3 months of income is only for the first extension of a 90 day entry from a non-o visa. If on a extension already you must have one year of transfers equal to or greater than 40k baht.

You need bank statement showing the transfer came from abroad. Some offices will also ask for proof of the source of your income.

It changed in December of 2018 after 3 embassies stopped issuing proof of income documents. If you can still get proof from your embassy those can be used and are prefered by immigration.