COE for the Nordics

Just a FYI if you are trying to get back to Thailand from the Nordics as a foreigner or Thai:

While staying in the Nordics, my wife needed to return to Thailand for family reasons. She applied for a repatriation flight last week Tuesday and got a confirmed return flight on the 15th of July. The embassy urged her to take the flight as they have no information of new repatriation flights during July (or August) (yet.) The price for her economy seat was 780€ and had to be paid to Lufthansa as Thailand had "chartered" a Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Thailand for Thai returnees.

Unfortunately I have to return to Thailand then as well, and sent out the request to the embassy. They have no idea of the next flight, but they may come surprisingly soon (or late.) Thais take the priority, so if any seats are left, only then we get the ticket. Economy is for Thais, foreigners have to buy the Economy Extra seat (1000€ approx), unless Economy seats are available.

The Fit to Fly certificate was a joke. The young doctor said it was a waste of ink but issued it at a private hospital for 100 € and it took 15 minutes. She did not even bother to make a proper medical check. Can't wait for my own Fit to Fly certificate with the mandatory Covid test (approx 250 €.) Everything was done online with the embassy, and they were relatively helpful. I'm happy to hear the foreigner cases are no longer handled by MFA but by the local embassies. Or that was the rumor in another thread.

Edited by somtumwrong
  • Thanks 1