Non Immigant Visa And In Between Jobs?

Hey Guys, help me get this right because I am not sure how I am going to pull off a non immigrant O. My Job will be ending soon. I currently have enough money in the bank. I currently have a job. But in my line of work, this is subject to change with long stretches of unemployment in between jobs. I am married living in BKK but entering on tourist visas because I am only home 2 weeks every 4 months. I cannot wait until I my current contract is up to get a visa because then I can’t prove income right? If I get a non-immigrant visa the next time I come home its going to expire while I am at work and out of the country. What then? What do you guys do when you’re in between jobs? A legal office told me to go with an “O”. Is it better to pay a legal office 30,000 baht to file my Non- Immigrant O. Or should I do it myself? What happens if I go without a job for one year and fall below the 65k required? I have no physical residence in the States anymore. If I was made to return to the USA and had to get a job their, the high cost of living would eat up all my savings keep me from ever being able to save enough money to return. Neither my wife nor I want to live in the USA. What would you guys do if you were me? :o

Hey Guys, help me get this right because I am not sure how I am going to pull off a non immigrant O. My Job will be ending soon. I currently have enough money in the bank. I currently have a job. But in my line of work, this is subject to change with long stretches of unemployment in between jobs. I am married living in BKK but entering on tourist visas because I am only home 2 weeks every 4 months. I cannot wait until I my current contract is up to get a visa because then I can’t prove income right? If I get a non-immigrant visa the next time I come home its going to expire while I am at work and out of the country. What then? What do you guys do when you’re in between jobs? A legal office told me to go with an “O”. Is it better to pay a legal office 30,000 baht to file my Non- Immigrant O. Or should I do it myself? What happens if I go without a job for one year and fall below the 65k required? I have no physical residence in the States anymore. If I was made to return to the USA and had to get a job their, the high cost of living would eat up all my savings keep me from ever being able to save enough money to return. Neither my wife nor I want to live in the USA. What would you guys do if you were me? :o

married to a Thai ?

Hey Guys, help me get this right because I am not sure how I am going to pull off a non immigrant O. My Job will be ending soon. I currently have enough money in the bank. I currently have a job. But in my line of work, this is subject to change with long stretches of unemployment in between jobs. I am married living in BKK but entering on tourist visas because I am only home 2 weeks every 4 months. I cannot wait until I my current contract is up to get a visa because then I can't prove income right? If I get a non-immigrant visa the next time I come home its going to expire while I am at work and out of the country. What then? What do you guys do when you're in between jobs? A legal office told me to go with an "O". Is it better to pay a legal office 30,000 baht to file my Non- Immigrant O. Or should I do it myself? What happens if I go without a job for one year and fall below the 65k required? I have no physical residence in the States anymore. If I was made to return to the USA and had to get a job their, the high cost of living would eat up all my savings keep me from ever being able to save enough money to return. Neither my wife nor I want to live in the USA. What would you guys do if you were me? :o

married to a Thai ?

yes a thai wife. i am working in afghanistan and dont know how long i will be employed. my concern is what will they tell me to do if i were to loose my job in june '08 and my visa was to expire in july'08. how would i get an extention if i were unemployed and looking for a job. when the war is over i want to take some time off i have been in this hel_l hole for three years and have spent a total of three months with my wife. how will i take some time off if my visa is about to expire and i have no job. is sufficiant funds in a thai bank account considerd income or current employment only? i am only 35 so no pension and i will never have one. here is the feed back i have got from a legal office. does 30,000 baht sound right?

Dear mr. bernie66

We can apply a 1-year non-immigrant Marriage visa for you but it will be better for you if you can ask Non Immigrant O from Thai Embassy by showing your marriage certificate and when you come to Thailand apply for one year marriage visa.

The main requirements are:

1) Marriage Certificate

2) Proof of income amounting to THB 40,000 – 45,000 per month. If income is not sufficient, we can combine your wife’s income to average 40,000 Bath. If you’re currently on a Tourist visa, we will change this visa to an initial 3 month non-immigrant visa, than extend for another 9 months

For your proof of income, you can ask the letter from US Embassy in Bangkok when you arrived to Thailand.

Our cost for this service is THB 30,000. This includes our service fee, government fee to the immigration, transportation fees as well as taxes.

Best regards,

legal office in bkk

is sufficiant funds in a thai bank account considerd income or current employment only? i am only 35 so no pension and i will never have one
The funds themselves in the bank could count towards the change of visa from a tourist or tourist visa exemption stamp to a 90 day non immigration stamp. ( This could be your first step)

However the funds itself, do not count, only the interest earned for the extension of stay of permit. ( The extension of stay permit could be your second step or your first if you did get the 90 day visa at the Thai Embassy)

The best way is you get a letter from your current employer in Afghanistan. With this and a declaration of income letter from your Embassy inside Thailand, you can apply for the extension of stay based on being married to a Thai national. You either can get the non immigrant visa at an Embassy outside Thailand or change the visa inside Thailand (with at least 15 days still remaining on the tourist visa exemption stamp)

here is the feed back i have got from a legal office. does 30,000 baht sound right?

We have been the main sponsor of Thai Visa for the last 5 years and have helped thousands of members. We would be happy to help you as well.

Our professional fee is 6,500 Baht plus 7% Vat. Government fee is 1,900 Baht.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thank you sunbelt i will walk in your door in 4 weeks from today. but my question still remains so after i get a "non-imigrant O" for one year.....how will i renew it if i DONT HAVE A JOB! DONT WANT A JOB! DONT NEED A JOB! I want to sit at home for over a year. watch my wife pop out a baby. then see my child start walking and say daddy before i go back to work. :o i will have money just not enough to pull 40,000 in interest. it would take 10 million baht in a one year account to pull this in annually.

will i have to take my chances on multiple tourist visas after my year is up?

Edited by bernie66

Go outside the country and get a non imm O multiple based on marriage..

Rinse repeat every 15 months if things dont change..

15 months? i thought a non im o is 12months... if i leave the country i can get a non im o without having a job?

12months visa.. Then do a visa run before it expires.. Gives another 90 days..

Also getting non imm O multiples outside of Thailand has different (easier) requirements than getting extended in country.. Thats especially true for home country consuls and known 'friendly' consuls.