Confusion About Purpose of Kor Ror 22

Hello, I am trying to line up the paperwork needed to extend a Non-O marriage multi visa in country at a friendly neighborhood local immigration office. The visa still has 4 months on it so there is no issue there, though ambiguities aplenty concerning the usual with what the amnesty means etc but I am not asking about that here.

What I want to know is if the Kor Ror 22 is essential to extend a visa within Thailand and wondering if anyone can comment on the situation where the amphur office couldn't or wouldn't give us a printout of it today.  In Ubon Joe's helpful and unambiguous document uploaded to this forum regarding what documents are usually needed to extend a Non-O visa in-country, it listed Kor Ror 22 as a necessary document at most immigration offices. Is this for absolutely everyone or just for particular cases as the amphur office told us today? Let me explain:

Today, my wife went to the amphur office to get a Kor Ror 22 printout, but the officer wouldn't let us have the document or couldn't do it saying it wasn't appropriate, that Kor Ror 22 was for couples that had been married outside of Thailand and who had come back to Thailand and gotten married again. My wife was told that because she only had a marriage certificate for a marriage in Thailand, that because we were not married in my country, the Kor Ror 22 was not needed and that in any case her computer system was not allowing a printout. Is that correct, that for people who have been married within Thailand, the document isn't needed?

I must admit that over the years of needing to get documents regarding our marriage, the Kor Ror 22 is always there casting doubt on whether I will I have all of the required documents or not, though it is never ends up being requested by embassy/consulate officials for visas, but then this group is infinitely easier to deal with than immigration.

1 minute ago, johnjohn2 said:

You need a Kor Ror 2 document. Not a Kor Ror 22 document. 

Your marriage was inside Thailand so the document need is Kor Ror 2, and its necessary for the extension based on marriage. 

As above.

Yes, I didn't even rtff before i posted, now I see Ubon Joe has already answered this question. Sorry about that. Maybe having a few redundant posts will increase the likelihood people's search queries in this regard will more easily be answered. So I will not delete the thread if indeed  have that ability.

Edited by Shaunduhpostman