Question from Bygone Times

Gonzo the Face

Historical Question ..... I have now lived in Thailand for around 30 years.  Before finding myself here, I had a home in Florida, USA, for years.  Back then, back there, it being tropical like here, you would have your home bug sprayed every so often .  Back then we also had the ability to buy what we, on the street, called a "Bug Bomb".  This was a little can/canister that enabled you to close off a room or rooms and put this canister in and set it off.  It was an aerosol canister that would spew out a fog that would kill all bugs and insects.  You left the room closed for a couple hours then came back and opened it up and aired it out for a bit.  But all bugs and insects were gone.   Does anyone know where here locally a "Bug Bomb" or something similar can be purchased??  I have looked with no success.  Any serious reply will be appreciated.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

There's fumigator available under the name Ars 'Kwan' or smoke, comes in clear plastic can with red label, you put water in the bottom end of the can, lower the fumigator in and the heater inside start smoking out the insecticide

deb926500560eccd1a3e45c8a23a68ab_tn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

There's fumigator available under the name Ars 'Kwan' or smoke, comes in clear plastic can with red label, you put water in the bottom end of the can, lower the fumigator in and the heater inside start smoking out the insecticide

deb926500560eccd1a3e45c8a23a68ab_tn

You have have curious.  It is available on Lazada.

I have three little "poms", one may be over weight, but they stay only in the house.  On two occasions one of the dogs picked up ticks which most times were from the doggie salon.  Bravecto, expensive, but very effective and the treatment is long term against ticks and fleas.

Now if only someone would come up with a  remedy for geckos/lizards - the common house variety.

I have tried some of the stuff I  saw on the internet.  Peacock feathers even! Even got a green paste from the local farm store.  Placed sticky papers.  No luck.

Short of releasing snakes,  there doesn't seem to be an answer.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 6:51 AM, ProbPossConf said:

I have three little "poms", one may be over weight, but they stay only in the house.  On two occasions one of the dogs picked up ticks which most times were from the doggie salon.  Bravecto, expensive, but very effective and the treatment is long term against ticks and fleas.

The Bravecto products manufacturer sez its safe, but there is a lot of reporting of it causing death to the animals.