British Man Beaten Senseless By Thai With Lead Pipe..

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: April 22nd 2007

Foreigner Seriously Beaten Up

A drunken foreigner was beaten up after coming out of a bar that he was drinking inby a teenager who fled the scene and could not be found.

At 1.00 am on 21st April staff at Onyx Bar located in Pattaya 3rd Road, informed the Pattaya Police that a foreigner had been beaten up by a Thai teenager in front of the bar.

On arrival the police found the Sawang Rescuers already aiding a man called Kevin, aged 45, from England before taking him to the hospital. The man didn’t have any passport or ID was in a very drunken condition and had a number of wounds on his head so couldn’t give any statement.

On that day after drinking heavily he drove his bike from the bar and a teenager who was already waiting opposite the Onyx Bar used a pipe to hit him causing his bike to crash. The teenager continued hitting the man until staff came out to help and then the teenager fled.

At the moment the police don’t have enough details of the attacker or any information of the attack. They will have to wait for Mr. Kevin to recover to make a report on this case.

SOURCE: Pattaya People: April 22nd 2007

Foreigner Seriously Beaten Up

A drunken foreigner was beaten up after coming out of a bar that he was drinking inby a teenager who fled the scene and could not be found.

At 1.00 am on 21st April staff at Onyx Bar located in Pattaya 3rd Road, informed the Pattaya Police that a foreigner had been beaten up by a Thai teenager in front of the bar.

On arrival the police found the Sawang Rescuers already aiding a man called Kevin, aged 45, from England before taking him to the hospital. The man didn’t have any passport or ID was in a very drunken condition and had a number of wounds on his head so couldn’t give any statement.

On that day after drinking heavily he drove his bike from the bar and a teenager who was already waiting opposite the Onyx Bar used a pipe to hit him causing his bike to crash. The teenager continued hitting the man until staff came out to help and then the teenager fled.

At the moment the police don’t have enough details of the attacker or any information of the attack. They will have to wait for Mr. Kevin to recover to make a report on this case.

i know this sort of behavior is uncharacteristic of thai males in general. i certainly know more than a few thai men who are of noble virtue to a fault. however, in the pattaya/jomtien area there seems to be a disturbing number of young thugs who target foreigners in violent assaults. there appears to be a common thread running through all these incidents and that is the foreigner is at a serious disadvantage. alone, inebriated, elderly, weak-looking. i'm not sure what words would describe people who prey in this manner? maybe pu@sies?

Edited by cali4995

Well normally there is a reason for this sort of thing - this one doesnt seem to have one yet. :D

here's a list of convenient possible reasons i came up with to forgive/excuse the behavior. i'm sure the newspaper reporters have their own much more extensive list, i just came up with this off the top of my head.

a) foreigner groped a proper thai woman that the young lad also fancies

:D foreigner forgot to use a coaster when setting beer back on table

c) foreigner in his drunken condition made insulting remarks

d) foreigner forgot to remove his shoes when entering business

e) foreigner tripped over soi dog when exiting establishment

we can just pick any fictional reason because i already know the outcome of investigation :o

Edited by cali4995

• 2 weeks later...

******NEWS******UPDATE******

It seems that this British man received his just deserts after all!

SOURCE: Pattaya People: May 1st 2007

Here is an interesting tale of events.

Pattaya People TV reported the following story. At 1.00 am on 21st April staff from the Onyx Bar, located in Pattaya Third Road, informed the Pattaya Police that a foreigner had been beaten up by a Thai teenager in front of the bar.

On arrival the police found the Sawang Rescuers already aiding a man called Kevin Wall, aged 45, from England before taking him to the hospital. The man didn’t have any passport or ID and admitted to one of the Rescue Team that he had been drinking at a nearby bar.

On that day after leaving a bar on Third Road he got on his bike and began driving off when suddenly a teenager attacked him near the Onyx Bar using a pipe to hit him causing his bike to crash. The teenager continued hitting the man until staff came out to help and the teenager fled.

At the time, the police didn’t have enough details of the attacker or any information of the attack.

Then on the 23rd April, Mr. Wall visited the offices of Pattaya People Weekly and demanded us to take the story off the air and from the newspaper or otherwise be sued. His reason, he was not drunk!

On further investigation, other than a statement from the Rescue team stating he had been drinking, an eye witness told us that the foreigner was seen inside the unnamed bar where he was pestering and physically molested one of the female staff.

It is thought that either her boyfriend or friend delivered the blows to the man when he left the bar. The question arises why he was not carrying any ID or passport, which is illegal.

Plus why was he riding a bike under the influence of drink? Fortunately for him due to the assault, he wasn’t breathalyzed at the scene.

Pattaya People News reporting at its best, No verification of anything reported as long as it sells news papers, who was the eye witness? do they have wriiten statements to back up thier reports, your guess is as good as mine.

The problems in Pattaya have escalated since these half arsed newspapers and TV stations that have no regulation what so ever started dramatizing stories in order to sell advertising.

I can't wait for the shoe to be on the other foot when certain owners come under closer scrutiny.

I remember seeing one of PP camera men fighting with a deceased mans friend on camera a few years ago because the friend was trying to stop the deceased being filmed and preserve some dignity.

Great job PP keep up the good work (Not)

well there it is.

when in pattaya with your wife or gf and a thai man or even a falang starts to get over friendly, you are within your rights to give him his just deserts, with a lead pipe no less :o

very sad reporting.

.It seems that this British man received his just deserts after all!

well there it is.

when in pattaya with your wife or gf and a thai man or even a falang starts to get over friendly, you are within your rights to give him his just deserts, with a lead pipe no less :o

very sad reporting.

It seems to me cowardly, craven and lily-livered to shy away from taking some sort of physical action against a drunken foreigner if {he} molests my {loved one} in a public bar.

Those who reject such action are probably either drunken serial molesters themselves or assume that in Pattaya any woman deserves to be molested.

Lead pipe might be extreme, but the accused molester has been taught a lesson.

Pattaya People News reporting at its best, No verification of anything reported as long as it sells news papers, who was the eye witness? do they have wriiten statements to back up thier reports, your guess is as good as mine.

The problems in Pattaya have escalated since these half arsed newspapers and TV stations that have no regulation what so ever started dramatizing stories in order to sell advertising.

I can't wait for the shoe to be on the other foot when certain owners come under closer scrutiny.

I remember seeing one of PP camera men fighting with a deceased mans friend on camera a few years ago because the friend was trying to stop the deceased being filmed and preserve some dignity.

Great job PP keep up the good work (Not)

i'm always grateful to libya for giving us the news but you have to admit, some of these reporters have a predisposition for putting a little spin on the tale so the thais can save face. sure, there are innumerable foreigners who come here and behave badly but i had the misfortune of witnessing a few of these assaults and when later reading the article in the news, it didn't seem to match the events i saw at all.

Here is an interesting tale of events.

Pattaya People TV reported the following story. At 1.00 am on 21st April staff from the Onyx Bar, located in Pattaya Third Road, informed the Pattaya Police that a foreigner had been beaten up by a Thai teenager in front of the bar.

On arrival the police found the Sawang Rescuers already aiding a man called Kevin Wall, aged 45, from England before taking him to the hospital. The man didn’t have any passport or ID and admitted to one of the Rescue Team that he had been drinking at a nearby bar.

On that day after leaving a bar on Third Road he got on his bike and began driving off when suddenly a teenager attacked him near the Onyx Bar using a pipe to hit him causing his bike to crash. The teenager continued hitting the man until staff came out to help and the teenager fled.

At the time, the police didn’t have enough details of the attacker or any information of the attack.

Then on the 23rd April, Mr. Wall visited the offices of Pattaya People Weekly and demanded us to take the story off the air and from the newspaper or otherwise be sued. His reason, he was not drunk!

On further investigation, other than a statement from the Rescue team stating he had been drinking, an eye witness told us that the foreigner was seen inside the unnamed bar where he was pestering and physically molested one of the female staff.

It is thought that either her boyfriend or friend delivered the blows to the man when he left the bar. The question arises why he was not carrying any ID or passport, which is illegal.

Plus why was he riding a bike under the influence of drink? Fortunately for him due to the assault, he wasn’t breathalyzed at the scene.

honestly now, in the interest of fair reporting let's review some of the facts to the news account. (1) a thai youth assaulted a foreigner with a metal pipe (2) a staff member of the onyx bar must have telephoned the youth and instructed him to lie in wait for the foreigner (3) if the foreigner did make unwanted physical advances towards the lady why did they not call police and press a charge?

the facts seem to get lost behind a smokescreen of embellished details about how the horrible foreigner broke every social thai taboo in the book and thus deserved the vigilante punishment. the focus is shifted from the thai assailant to the drunken foreigner who (1) urinated in public (2) made insulting comments about the thai people (3) molested a proper thai woman

i'm sorry, i've just seen these same recurring taglines so many times, it makes me question the accuracy of the reporting. i wish the british gentleman would at least give us his version of events, maybe it would be more clear. :o

Lead pipe may be a little extreme but until we know the REAL reason for this assault, we can all come to our own conlusions...

I know a thai female (not a bar girl) who lives near LK Metro and her and her friend are pestered by a fat (until he sucks his gut in and puffs his chest out), middle aged Brit who spends 24 hours a day propping the local bar up struggling to string a sentence (of any language) together.. he grabs out at them and does still believe he's a han'summmm man :o:D:D

I'm not saying this fella deserved anything but we do need to know both sides of the story (if they ever come out)