Arise Sir Tom: Queen Elizabeth knights 100-year-old fundraising captain

rooster59

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Sir Tom does, of course, deserve this accolade and all the others he has received for his achievement.

But others who have achieved as much, if not more, seem to be ignored. I'm thinking of 5 year old Tony Hudgell in particular. Abused by his natural parents whilst a baby so much that both legs had to be amputated yet whose 10km walk raised over £1m for the hospital that saved his life.

You state that Tony Hudgell has been ignored......................then you go on to post a BBC report of his achievements, showing that he wasnt ignored 

5 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:
8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Sir Tom does, of course, deserve this accolade and all the others he has received for his achievement.

But others who have achieved as much, if not more, seem to be ignored. I'm thinking of 5 year old Tony Hudgell in particular. Abused by his natural parents whilst a baby so much that both legs had to be amputated yet whose 10km walk raised over £1m for the hospital that saved his life.

You state that Tony Hudgell has been ignored......................then you go on to post a BBC report of his achievements, showing that he wasnt ignored 

Ignored by those handing out gongs and official accolades is what I meant.

Which I thought was obvious from the context. Apparently not for some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

So, you would want a five year old to get a knighthood as well ?

Why not? As far as I am aware there is no minimum age for receiving that or any other honour.

15 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

....dated 22 JUNE 2020 ie after the honors list in which Sir Tom's knighthood was published (& let's not forget the has nearly ran out for the latter!)

Had the Olympics or Euro  gone ahead this year the earliest any of them could expect similar recognition would be in the NY honors list & not to receive them before the spring of 2021.

Edited by evadgib