Pentax Mx

Toon Army

I dug out my old (30 years) black Pentax MX the other day with several of the lenses. Was thinking about dropping them in the rubbish bin but sentimentality got in the way! Apart from the mirror, which seems to be sticking everything else seems in reasonable working order. The SMC Pentax lenses (2.8 28mm/1.2 50mm/ 2.8 50mm Macro and a Tamron 75-250mm telephoto) all need an internal cleaning but seem to work ok.

Anyone suggest a place in CM who could restore or would the cost be prohibitive? Checked eBay...no great value.

It has been a faithful servant over the years and I'm hesitant to throw it on the heap. Guess I'm just an old sentimentalist. Or maybe I sense some bonding or analogy between us, whatever, be grateful for advice/suggestions?

Cheers

Sorry, but know not of a place in CM.....but if you are ever in Penang,there is a chap there who reconditioned my very old Miranda......he did a wonderful job, at very reasonable cost...

I have his card....so if you are heading that way,PM me for details....

Sorry, but know not of a place in CM.....but if you are ever in Penang,there is a chap there who reconditioned my very old Miranda......he did a wonderful job, at very reasonable cost...

I have his card....so if you are heading that way,PM me for details....

Thanks ronw. I have no immediate plans to go to Penang but if and when I do I will PM you for more details. Guess maybe I'll keep them a little bit longer...just for old times sake you understand. :o

Cheers

The SMC Pentax lenses (2.8 28mm/1.2 50mm/ 2.8 50mm Macro and a Tamron 75-250mm telephoto) all need an internal cleaning but seem to work ok.

I recently bought a Pentax *ist DL digital SLR (about bht 25,000.00) onto which all my old SMC lenses fit.

The nature of the digital format cause the lenses to be approximately 1.5 times the stated focal length:

1:2.8 24 mm - now 36 mm

1:2.8 40 mm - now 60 mm

1:1.7 50 mm - now 75 mm (a good portrait lense for low light)

1:2.8 100 mm - now 150 mm

1:4.0 75 - 205 mm - now 102 - 307 mm (a handy tele zoom)

1:8.0 500 mm - now 750 mm (impossible to hold steady)

post-123-1177381258_thumb.jpg