Procedure for cancelling WP/Extension of Stay, convert to retirement

For foreigner and foreign dependents, as per title, understand that WP/extension should be cancelled at OneStop and then proceed to CW for new retirement extension, all the same day? 

What forms are needed for each step and can it be done independently without employer, and assuming 800k seasoned and in bank for retirement?

Edited by hapark

Not sure about the cancelation at the onestop center. Normally all that is needed is termination letter to cancel your extension based upon working. Best to try and get the cancelation post dated to give some time to apply for the extension based upon retirement.

The only form needed to apply for the extension a TM7 application form with one 4 X 6 photo attached.

You will need a letter from the  bank confirming your account and the balance in it on the day it is written. And copies of of your updated bank book showing the 800k baht in your bank for 2 months.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure about the cancelation at the onestop center. Normally all that is needed is termination letter to cancel your extension based upon working. Best to try and get the cancelation post dated to give some time to apply for the extension based upon retirement.

The only form needed to apply for the extension a TM7 application form with one 4 X 6 photo attached.

You will need a letter from the  bank confirming your account and the balance in it on the day it is written. And copies of of your updated bank book showing the 800k baht in your bank for 2 months.

Thank you very much.  Very helpful.  If there is no termination letter from the company, is there a form that can be filled out at immigration, or could a resignation letter in English by Employee be used instead of termination letter from company?

7 minutes ago, hapark said:

Thank you very much.  Very helpful.  If there is no termination letter from the company, is there a form that can be filled out at immigration, or could a resignation letter in English by Employee be used instead of termination letter from company?

I am not aware of any form to do it.

The might accept a resignation letter.

My experience was that I needed an official letter and supporting documents, license copy, etc. from the employer to cancel my work permit and then permission to stay. (Two different office locations.)

I was of the opinion that it didn’t make sense and must be wrong info. The staff at the employer knew better, and were correct.

My case was unusual, but I believe you will have 7 days to leave the country once wp and permission to stay are cancelled. Hopefully you can get the new visa during that window!

Good luck!

Edit: Maybe try to submit all the docs for the retirement visa at the same time as cancelling the existing permission to stay. It may work out to be almost like a ‘conversion’.

Edited by Kwarium
Add afterthought.

I did this about 6 years ago.....going from WP to retirement.......I was not able to make the switch on the same day......I had to leave the country and then re-enter to apply for the retirement extension. Also, I cancelled my WP extension and was told I had 7 days to leave the country.....this was not true. The cancellation took effect immediately and I had to pay on overstay fine at the airport.......again this was 6 years ago, so things may have changed but that was my experience.