Phuket Immigration confirms no fee for letter confirming address

snoop1130

10 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Guess so; that's why i got my Yellow Book some years back and don't need their expensive 'services' !

I still did for my licence renewal - yellow book and the 500 baht letter from immigration. Can get a letter from Phuket?

Isaan dweller.

A couple of years ago when I renewed my driving licence, I went to immigration for letter of residence. I was asked for 300 baht. I protested, saying that according to website, it was free. Immigration Officer stated that the website was correct and the letter was in fact free, but that there was a 300 baht admin fee! I paid and watched money go straight in drawer, no receipt issued ????????

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chassa said:

I still did for my licence renewal - yellow book and the 500 baht letter from immigration. Can get a letter from Phuket?

Isaan dweller.

If you have a Yellow Book you don't need a letter of residence as well !!

As someone who is directly affected by this as opposed to every other comment above I can conclude that the Immigration Boss is correct- IOs do NOT take B300 for a address confirmation letter in PHUKET.

The girl sat next to him, who is NOT an IO is the one who takes the money. ????

Edit: I am not implying that the people in the picture are the ones doing this- IIRC the letters are done at a different numbered desk, which I will not name just in case.

Edited by Psimbo

Some off topic posts removed please see the title of the topic and location of the article:

Phuket Immigration confirms no fee for letter confirming address

• Thanks 1

I was charged 300 Baht at Phuket Town last year, and more recently a few days before lockdown at Patong i was chaged 500 baht by the girl in there who thinks she runs the place. They obviously thought that they could charge what they wanted due to covid situation.