Non O Multi Marriage Clarification

1 hour ago, stoicccc said:

Aaaah so it's enough that it shows that EUR has been converted to BHT in the process and it also shows both EUR and BHT are my accounts. Good times.

Exactly. 

>> I did send you a PM with all relevant info on how to ensure that your TransferWise transfers will be accepted as evidence of 'foreign origins' by your local IO.

I do get alarmed by the reference to brown envelopes and fixers. Agents fees recognize extension routes within legitimate rules and officers discretion operated by TI. Extensions thus granted are lawful.

Also Transferwise transfers using the " funds for long term stay" option always show up as a FTT on bank credit advices so banks can confirm to TI that they are from a foreign source even though the Transferwise PDF shows a local bank transfer

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

1 - I do get alarmed by the reference to brown envelopes and fixers. Agents fees recognize extension routes within legitimate rules and officers discretion operated by TI. Extensions thus granted are lawful.

2 - Also Transferwise transfers using the " funds for long term stay" option always show up as a FTT on bank credit advices so banks can confirm to TI that they are from a foreign source even though the Transferwise PDF shows a local bank transfer

1 - You are right to get alarmed, because extension granted by making use of a Fixer Agent to bribe the officer handling your application to turn a blind eye on some of the requirements you could not meet, are NOT lawful.

See my post #11

2 - This is not fully correct. 

The TransferWise Transfer Receipt shows the originating foreign bank-account from where the funds were transferred. 

If you tick the 'funds for long term stay' as reason for the transfer that will ensure that the transferred funds code on your bankbook will show 'FTT' but ONLY when you have a Bangkok Bank account (FTT is the code used by Bangkok Bank to indicate that it was an international transfer). 

When banking with Kasikorn Bank you would need to order Credit Advice receipts from Kasikorn HQs as the funds will go via that routing, and will be coded as 'domestic' transfers even if you ticked  'funds for long term stay'.  The Credit Advice receipt will show that they originated from abroad and were routed via Kasikorn HQ to your local Kasikorn branch. 

When banking with any other bank, the transfer will ALWAYS be coded as a 'domestic' transfer.  So you would need to check on the TW Transfer Receipt through which of the 3 TransferWise partner banks (Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank or TMB) the funds were transferred to your thai bank-account.  Then contact that partner-bank and request to provide you with the relevant ‘Foreign Exchange Transfer form’ for confirmation of an overseas transfer.

>> Most IOs accept the TransferWise Transfer receipts as proof of the foreign origins of the funds transferred to your personal thai bank-account, so it is only when they do not accept them, that you would have to get hold of the Credit Advice receipts or the the Foreign Exchange Transfer forms mentioned higher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

2 - This is not fully correct. 

The TransferWise Transfer Receipt shows the originating foreign bank-account from where the funds were transferred. 

If you tick the 'funds for long term stay' as reason for the transfer that will ensure that the transferred funds code on your bankbook will show 'FTT' but ONLY when you have a Bangkok Bank account

Thank you for a detailed description of the processes.

38 minutes ago, unheard said:

Thank you for a detailed description of the processes.

Hi, since you are interested in this, I did send you a PM with all relevant info on how to ensure that your TransferWise transfers will be accepted as evidence of 'foreign origins' by your local IO.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JASON THAI said:

Anyone recommend a good fixer agent 555

Without mentioning the IO you report to, your question will not get any answers.

And of course also useful WHAT you need fixing, because there are some requirements that cannot be overlooked even by the Fattest Brown Envelope.

Furthermore whether your application would be for reason of retirement (+50 years of age) or for reason of marriage.  The latter is more difficult and - if fixable - will be more expensive.

Regarding Non-O spouse visa; I understand that 400k has to be in my Thai bank account for at least 2 full calendar months before the visa application. Does the 400k have to stay in my account for a period after the visa application and is there a minimum amount that has to stay in my account until the the next year’s visa extension?

14 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Regarding Non-O spouse visa; I understand that 400k has to be in my Thai bank account for at least 2 full calendar months before the visa application. Does the 400k have to stay in my account for a period after the visa application and is there a minimum amount that has to stay in my account until the the next year’s visa extension?

The only after the application is accepted requirement is keeping it in the bank until you get your one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) stamp at the end of the 30 day under consideration period that some offices require. After that you can do whatever your want to do with the 400k baht until 2 months before you apply for the next extension of stay.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Be aware that if the 400K is NOT yet on your personal thai bank-account that you have only 2 days left to get it there, as it needs to be on your bank-account tomorrow Friday 24 July.

Otherwise you won't be able to meet the 2-month seasoning requirement, because you need to file your application latest Friday 25 September (end of the Amnesty).

Note that there is NO need to prove the origins or the source of the 400K, so lending cash from family/friends and putting it on your bank-account could be an option since a regular bank-transfer might take longer before it shows up on your account.

I use TransferWise and receipt is confirmed within hours, but that's probably because I am banking with Kasikorn Bank, which is together with Bangkok Bank, one of the 3 partner-banks of TransferWise.  So when you have a Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn Bank account, you would still be able to do the transfer today, and it would be on your local personal thai bank-account tomorrow.  With other banks that might be too late as the transfer will be routed first to a TW partner-bank before showing up on your bank-account.  But if that's the only possibilty for you to get the funds on your personal thai bank-account, I would still do it and deal with the 'almost 2 month seasoning' issue with Immigration later.

If you did not apply yet for your 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife / thai dependant child, you have of course ample time, as you would only need to apply for that 60-day extension at the end of the Amnesty, providing you with a permission to stay till end of November.

Also the 40K monthly-income transfers are of course still possible, but you would need to provide evidence of their foreign origins and you might be confronted with an Immigration officer also wanting you to prove the SOURCE of that foreign monthly income.

A final option for those not on a US, UK or Aussie passport, is to apply for the Embassy certified income-statement as evidence of meeting the financial requirements for your 1-year extension of stay application. 

• Thanks 2

On 7/21/2020 at 12:27 PM, Keyser Soze666 said:

When the land-borders are open again without any draconian entry/re-entry measures to deal with, a border run just before 18 November will provide you once again with a 90-day permission to stay.  Problem solved.

Possibly wishful thinking, not firm advice.

2 minutes ago, Varrius said:

Possibly wishful thinking, not firm advice.

I agree. Also to add Thailand is one of few countries to have visa exempt entry. 

Vietnam did for many countries but also notable exclusions, such as USA, AU,NZ, Canada etc. Vietnam has made changes to types of visas it now issues. 

I would not be completely surprised if Thailand suspends visa exempt entry.

That would be bummer for border bounce.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stranded forever said:

Hi Pete, would you please PM to me details how to correctly do TW sending funds required for first year exstention 40+k two months that are accepted by IO.

My bank account is in Thanachat bank.

Hi Stranded.

Done, and you're welcome.

To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum.

On 7/23/2020 at 4:47 PM, DrJack54 said:

I would not be completely surprised if Thailand suspends visa exempt entry.

More likely land borders would end up with different regulations and those non Thais and non citizens of bordering countries being required to fly in, as airports have better facilities. Time will tell and I suspect some time required.