Money Transfer To Thailand For Expat

crocusvn

Dear Jai Dee friends,

I would like to seek for your kind help.

I am an expat in Thailand with work permit so i have an account in Thai bank.

My case is my friend from abroad would like to transfer (about 1000 - 3000 USD) to my Thai bank account (i help him to buy air ticket online, the rest is personal support).

I would like to know if it is illegal with Thai law for expat working in Thailand like me to receive such an amount in my account or not?

If it is legal, do i need to pay tax at the end of the year when i do Tax Return?

Thank you very much,

Crocus

i hope not because ive been doing it for the past three years in my wifes account :o . i am most probably wrong but i could have sworn that i read on this website that taxes are takin out by the bank upon withdrawl. Then you get them back after a year once you prove that the money was in the country for one full year.

Dear Bernie66,

Appreciate your kind information, so i will consult again with the bank for tax... Thank you very much...

Crocus

i hope not because ive been doing it for the past three years in my wifes account :o . i am most probably wrong but i could have sworn that i read on this website that taxes are takin out by the bank upon withdrawl. Then you get them back after a year once you prove that the money was in the country for one full year.