Red Rag to a Red Bull! Netizens show their fury over "Boss" dropped charges decision

rooster59

love the "alleged", fortunately every man and his dog knows who did it, why and how - that's  with a few exceptions of course - who's who have a financial connection - a few shackles of silver make a big difference in LOS ....  

6 hours ago, meechai said:

What would be interesting is upon his return to Thailand....if a drunk driver hit & killed him dragging his body for a few blocks..... would driver be charged?

a rhetorical question ? 

11 hours ago, Don Mega said:

No proof he was speeding.

No breath test to prove he was drunk.

No urine test to prove he was taking drugs.

Not sure why people are so butthurt over the charges being dropped, for all we know he was driving sensibly and the policeman cut in front of him.

The very fact that he fled the scene, set an employee up to take the rap and fled the country would imply otherwise. Innocent people don't go to such lengths to get off the hook. 

2 minutes ago, djayz said:

The very fact that he fled the scene, set an employee up to take the rap and fled the country would imply otherwise. Innocent people don't go to such lengths to get off the hook. 

The policeman put up the employee as the driver, Not Khun boss.

4 minutes ago, djayz said:

Against Boss' strong objections... 

2 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I don't know, I was not there.... were you ?

Oh course Boss objected, just like any other fine upstanding and honest person would... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

Oh course Boss objected, just like any other fine upstanding and honest person would... 

As Khun boss put his hand up as being the driver I  suspect you are correct.

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I don't know, I was not there.... were you ?

You must be Boss or his lawyer. Never met a person who tried defending a cowardly killer.

No, I wasn't there, but then again I don't remember Boss holding a press conference vehemently objection to the cops actions. 

Just now, djayz said:

You must be Boss or his lawyer. Never met a person who tried defending a cowardly killer.

No, I wasn't there, but then again I don't remember Boss holding a press conference vehemently objection to the cops actions. 

And yet Khun Boss put his hand up and admitted he was driving.

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

What choice did he have after the employee got cold feet and decided he'd rather live a free man than sit behind bars for a crime he didn't commit? 

10 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Only after it was established by others that in fact he was the driver and not the bunny who initially put his hand up. 

• Like 1

Disgusting!!!!   Absolutely disgusting!!!!  All that I can say that, if that if the officer was a member of MY family, that piece of disgusting cowardly scum would have to live the remainder of his life looking over his shoulder for my vengeance!!!  I would not rest until he was maggot food!!  Thailand......you treat your ordinary citizens no better than the animals you profess to protect!!!!  Shame!!!  

• Haha 1

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/oag-forms-panel-to-probe-decision-on-red-bull-heirs-hit-and-run-case/

The Office of the Attorney-General has set up a seven-member fact-finding panel to investigate the decision, by Thailand’s Office of Special Prosecutors for Criminal Litigation, to drop charges against Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya over a fatal hit and run incident in 2012.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tingtau said:

Disgusting!!!!   Absolutely disgusting!!!!  All that I can say that, if that if the officer was a member of MY family, that piece of disgusting cowardly scum would have to live the remainder of his life looking over his shoulder for my vengeance!!!  I would not rest until he was maggot food!!  Thailand......you treat your ordinary citizens no better than the animals you profess to protect!!!!  Shame!!!  

Well you obviously haven't lived in Thailand long enough to understand it permeates throughout society.

This was obviously one of the most egregious cases, but it happens all the time.

Few years back, a local kid was killed when a sugar truck tipped over killing him instantly. Anyone who lives in the NE knows that severely overloaded sugar trucks fall over all the time, just this time a kid happened to be underneath.

The truck driver paid blood money to the parents, did a few wais at the funeral, no police charges and life went on.

It's ingrained in the culture I'm afraid to say

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well you obviously haven't lived in Thailand long enough to understand it permeates throughout society.

This was obviously one of the most egregious cases, but it happens all the time.

Few years back, a local kid was killed when a sugar truck tipped over killing him instantly. Anyone who lives in the NE knows that severely overloaded sugar trucks fall over all the time, just this time a kid happened to be underneath.

The truck driver paid blood money to the parents, did a few wais at the funeral, no police charges and life went on.

It's ingrained in the culture I'm afraid to say

If I remember correctly, a female doctor received the death penalty for involvement in the murder of her boyfriend/husband and

received the death penalty although she was let out on bail and the case was eventually dismissed.

You could go on about many other cases......

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Artisi said:

but that's countered with all the fruit salad, wings and shiny bobbles pasted all over their uniform - all frigging meaningless of course in the real world. 

The common people , fall at the feet of authority and Wai.

Uniforms, mean absolute power in the poorer regions of the Kingdom ...

Edited by elliss

On 7/25/2020 at 8:45 PM, samtab said:

#BillionaireLifeMatters !

I would buy anything, I would pay anything, and I would do anything to free myself or close people, and if you say that you wouldn't you either are liars or skumb !

4 hours ago, Tingtau said:

small people are everywhere...

11 hours ago, anchadian said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/oag-forms-panel-to-probe-decision-on-red-bull-heirs-hit-and-run-case/

The Office of the Attorney-General has set up a seven-member fact-finding panel to investigate the decision, by Thailand’s Office of Special Prosecutors for Criminal Litigation, to drop charges against Red Bull heir Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya over a fatal hit and run incident in 2012.

Well, that will sort out that problem, you can expect a very quick unanimous decision within a very short time - - ????????????????????????

On 7/25/2020 at 1:08 PM, Thaiwrath said:

With a few clowns trying to justify that, as he had paid in the region of 3M baht to the family of the deceased, it was a good decision ! That is NOT the way the law is supposed to work when someone causes the death of another, while under the influence of drink and drugs.i

From a Western cultural POV you're correct. However, is it not true that if compensation payment is accepted by the aggrieved party, Thai Court legal processes cease and is in fact recognised under Thai law?

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well I wouldn't be getting your hopes up over some massive Twitter campaign to rectify the corrupt judicial system in Thailand.

Twitter has something around 6M accounts in Thailand, so maybe around 10% of the population. Of those, 10% account for 80% of the traffic.

So the idea that twitter is going to spark some mass revolt is fanciful at best.

The average Thai in Nakorn Backofbeyond seems incredibly tolerant of the fact they live in a country where the poor get banged up for picked mushrooms, and the rich can kill someone with impunity.

So Somchai his wife and kids will keep playing facebook, roll their eyes, and tell you 'it's the Thai way'

Unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, Artisi said:

Unfortunately. 

You are right.

My wife who is a bit of a coconut, since she grew up in Chicago despairs about it all.

I am but a stupid farang, so what do I know.

But for her watching all this is agonizing. I've heard her literally shouting at family members as to why they should be angry, yet the response is always the same. 'It's the Thai way. nothing we can do'

How you change that kind of ingrained attitude I just don't know? Certainly it's not going to change in most of our lifetimes, as sad as that is!