Repatriation from Oz

As an Oz/Thai dual national, I just got approval from the Australian DBP to depart Australia, so I'm now looking for the latest procedures on getting to Thailand. I'm Sydney based, and although my DBP approval says that I can depart any port, Sydney is obviously the best, but what do I now have to do?

Medical certificate of fitness to fly?

How and when to book flights?

How bad is SQ, and will I have to share a room, or should I go the ASQ route?

Timings to book all the above?

Thanks folks for helping me step through this constantly changing maze.

Not sure you get much help here as not many, if any have done what you're trying to do now, so your best will be to keep asking around elsewhere like airlines and what are their conditions and availability and best of all, get information from Thai authorities and since your a Thai i assume that communications is not a problem for you, and once you got it all done please kind to share with others.. Good like mate...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks Jack & Saltire ... indeed lots of good info in that thread for non-Thais .... but I was thinking more about Thais and keen for info from posters with Thai spouses, and latest procedures Thai folks have to follow when departing Oz, hence my questions here.

The Thai Embassy here isn't returning emails or calls at the moment, might try the Sydney consulate...

Edited by dbrenn

11 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Thanks ... indeed lots of good info in that thread for non-Thais .... but I was thinking more about Thais and keen for info from posters with Thai spouses, and what procedures Thai folks have to follow, hence my questions here.

Have you contacted the consulate in Sydney or the embassy in Canberra. They will have to issue the certificate of entry certificate and inform you when there will be repatriation flights.

You can find info on the consulate website in Thai. http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/th/home

Private room in SQ and the ASQ both. ASQ is costly but certainly better than the free SQ.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you contacted the consulate in Sydney or the embassy in Canberra. They will have to issue the certificate of entry certificate and inform you when there will be repatriation flights.

You can find info on the consulate website in Thai. http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/th/home

Private room in SQ and the ASQ both. ASQ is costly but certainly better than the free SQ.

Embassy in Canberra doesn't respond. I'll try the Sydney consulate. Thanks.